Hi I’m Stevie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am a 48 y/o transgirl and just started HRT this week. I have come out to my family and friends on on social network and have gotten good support so far. I suspected I was not my born gender around 10, realized I may be trans at 28 and since tried to live in the closet or hoping I would grow out of it, and this summer finally surrendered to reality.

I am working with a therapist and still changing over my wardrobe and working on name changes etc. probably after my first 3 month checkup, where my hair should be grown longer and won’t be misgendered as much. I find online contact in forums helps me feel less isolated and hearing experience from those who have gone where I am going. πŸ™‚

Hello Stevie,

Welcome to our wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.

Very Happy you have begun to read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

======== TGH Membership PLANS ===================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/choose-your-plan/#link_acc-1-3-d

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

Glad you are here. Looking forward to more sharing,
      Regards,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

Hi Stevie , welcome , I’m almost 64 now and with out a doubt a person over years does struggle accepting what your told as a child being a boy or a girl , it’s forced on you , but brains are wired a certain way right from birth , they the medical world know it’s a real thing and not a fetish Β , took a long time to get this freedom and understanding , a few don’t still but there the old farts of indifference Β – it’s natural and not changeable just to satisfy parents or anyones ele’s bias socially – in my day you couldn’t do anything in the 50’s and 60’s and I new young to shut my mouth and be what they expected – today I’m all switched over legally and physically , not perfect but way better off as a woman – it’s not dirty to be female , be your real you and don’t waste decades like I did – XO – Krystal G , BC , Canada

Anonymous

Welcome, Stevie.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Stevie:

You found us! Very Good! I hope that being here will be a useful experience for you.

You touched upon a very important point. While we can suppress our feelings about our gender identity for a time, the tendency is that they will come back and often times, even stronger. I guess the message is that we can’t hide from our reality forever.

I see that you are from Columbus. I’m originally from Toledo, but I left in 1990. I lived in Joliet, IL for 2 years then Corning, NY for 23 before retiring and relocating to the SoCal desert in January 2016. Always good to cross paths with a fellow Ohioan.

So, a couple of bits of information…

If you would like to search for other members in your area, click on Social in the menu and thenΒ Member Directory.

I encourage you to complete your Profile page. It helps others understand your situation better and you can update it at any point if something changes for you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?