Hi! My name is Nikki

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Nikki Mia
      FREE

Hey everyone,

My name is Nikki and I’ve just joined the group a couple of days ago. I’m a transgender woman living and working in Northern Virginia.

I am, unfortunately, relatively closeted but I have began my journey nonetheless a couple of years ago. My plan is to try to find more accommodating employment before taking my transition further. My partner is supportive of me, and has been with me a bit after I realized I was transgender in 2019.

Before the pandemic, however, I used to go out as my honest self very frequently! I have fond memories of going to bars and restaurants such as Nellis, Freddies, and even concerts at the 930 club. I may be somewhat closeted but I’m definitely not shy lol.

In any case, the pandemic has taken its toll and I’ve been encouraged to try to socialize a bit more, even if it’s just in lovely digital forum such as this one.

Therefore I look forward to meeting and interacting with you all!

Nikki

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Nikki, I do not remember if I sent you this, but welcome to our neck of the world. I do hope you are getting situated and seeing all there is here. Please let me know if you have any questions. Either I, or someone else, will make sure we reply back. I do so hope you will join us in the Chatroom. I enjoy chatting there a lot. If you look in Social -> Member Directory, you can search for other people that may be near by. Or under Places -> Local Places, you can search for all sorts of things that may be near you. Hope to see you chatting soon. Oh, and don’t forget about digging through the Articles and Forums. Loads of information there. Hugs, Michelle

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Nikki:

Glad that you are able to join us and I hope that being here will bee a good experience for you. Yes, MANY things have been put on hold over the last year be we do what we have to do. No alternatives that I can see.

It would be a great help if you complete your Profile page. It allows other members to understand your situation and what you are doing. Also, unlike regular posts, you can update it as things change for you.

Be Well and I hope that the time you spend here will be enjoyable!

Nikki Mia
        FREE

Thank you DeeAnn, just updated my profile.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

Hi:

That is very much appreciated!

By the way, have you done a search for any nearby resources? Isolation is a unfortunate thing that is not unknown in the trans community, so hopefully there are some support groups, etc., that are relatively close. For just about all of 2015 I drove 100 miles one way once a month and 50 miles one way twice a month to gatherings of CD and trans folks. It was a very positive thing for me to see others doing what they needed to do…

Hi Nikki…  Welcome !!!

Gen ❤

Hi, Nikki!

Welcome to TGH!  I am sure that you find plenty of new friends.

I am also a bit closeted, but this is more to do with my personal situation; my wife (soon to be ex) and I have not yet decided when we can tell the kids (5 yo boy, 7 yo girl).    So, while I love to be me, the world has seen very little of her.

Good luck and enjoy the camaraderie!!

Cheers,

Mikayla

Nikki Mia
        FREE

I’m sorry to hear about your personal situation, Mikayla.. I would hope that your children would come to understand and accept you for who you are! Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Nikki!
      keep crushin it girl, you look great.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?