Hormone related dysphoria

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

MTF here and wondering if naturally occuring testosterone can cause dysphoria. Like, after sex, when it’s the highest you just feel wrong, anxious, and not like your self. You question transitioning and feel like you’re making a huge mistake and you’re just male…but you know you’re not…but could this all be a fetish thing? These are thoughts that run through your head. The anxiety can be so bad that you don’t sleep at night. After a few, hours, sometimes a day or two of not being amorous you really feel like yourself again and know that transitioning is the right thing. Could it be that, in so many words, that you as a person were not designed to handle the physical reality of male levels of testosterone? Anyone else experience this?

I would like to answer your question with a short answer and another question. Yes it feels like I am in an ocean of emotions, maybe it is the testosterone level fluctuating , I really dont know. I saw my Dr the other day and he is going to get me an appt with an endocrinologist {hope i spelled that correctly} to get started on hrt. Anyway, yes sometimes i question my choice but quickly dismiss the uncertainy.

My question is: Were you born between 1940 and 1970, and did your mother have any complications with A drug called DES administrated. Please dont answer these questions. I present them only as food for thought. My reason for asking is the hormone DES was touted as a wonder drug until the FDA banned it in the 70s, it turned out it caused cancer in women. It also is suspected to cause Gender Dysphoria in male offspring for unknown generations. I was born in the late 40s.

I am wondering if the dosage or body chem of the mother or some other unknown factor is affecting how our bodies are reacting to the dysphoria.

Jus Wondering,,,,,food for thought

;\

Could it be that, in so many words, that you as a person were not designed to handle the physical reality of male levels of testosterone? Anyone else experience this?

I totally get where you are coming from. For many years I’ve been of the opinion that I would be better off without so much testosterone, way before I even considered (or knew of) gender dysphoria. There were several times where I just wanted to have these nuts removed!
      I knew it was the cause of my anxiety and anger in some way. Whether this was based on any biological effect, or just my subconscious knowing WAY before I did that I was meant to be a woman, I’ll never know, but I stand by my instincts.

Brielle
      FREE

Hi Hillary, I’m mtf too, and started t-blockers in November. But before that I always felt like when I allowed myself to be immersed in my feminine side, it made some very small, subtle changes. Part of it is the aging process, but my total T numbers have not dropped much over a ten year span. Yet my “boys” are much smaller and I have a lot less body hair than I had even a couple of years ago, with no obvious hormonal changes.

I have no idea about science or biology, but I do know our minds can affect our health if we focus on the change we want long enough. Just like focusing on anxiety and fear can cause bad changes in our bodies (cancer, disease), focusing on good (girly?) feelings might also cause beneficial changes in our bodies. Of course, there are limits, but now that I’m in an HRT regimine I intend to focus my mind on what I want in the end and believe I can get there. I will rely on the medical professionals, of course, but I want my attitude to set my altitide!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Emotional Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?