How to tell your kiddos

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Miriya Paris
      SILVER

Hello everybody, Β I just found and read a nice article on telling your kids you are going to transition. Β It was good but not perfect for every situation. Β If you all can share your stories, successes and failures on how you told yours it would be very appreciated.
      Thanks a bunch.

Miriya

https://theascent.pub/when-dad-becomes-mom-2db5cec79942

Hi Miriya,

My son was in Korea teaching when I came out to him, but I had already fulltime for several months prior. The day before I was to start HRT I told him everything, and it went better than I could have imagined. He got ‘it‘ straight away and said he was happy that I was finally happy. He also said that he loves and accepts me unconditionally, irregardless of what I wear, how I speak or how I present.

Not everyone is as fortunate as I was. Many find themselves in situations that, on the surface, may appear insurmountable. To these folks I say don’t lose hope. If your family, including your child or children, love you, then they shouldn’t have an issue with continuing that love. Nevertheless, always be patient in coming out to your kids (or whomever). They my need a little space and time to process the whole thing.

Clothing, name change and makeup doesn’t make a woman (or a man for that matter). The most important thing about being trans and coming out to others is that you accept who you are full stop. Otherwise, if you don’t accept yourself, it may be difficult for others to get on board and support you on your journey.

Hugs, peace and much love,
      MJ

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?