How Would You Describe How You Dress?

Tagged: 

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
      DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I know that trans folks are all over the map in how they dress when in public. I’ve never been one to try to blend in because I don’t think that is really possible for me. Therefore, I describe how I dress as Stylish, but probably never exactly In Style. I like styles from the 50’s up to the 90’s and have no problem with mixing eras. I have some jewelry that is 50 years old or more. I have dresses from the 60’s. It’s more about an attractive style and color that suits me personally and physically. Anyway, please do the survey and discuss why you do what you do, if you like…

At home, quite simple but sexy.  I wear things I wouldn’t wear in public unless I was headed to a costume party!  Normally just an oversize t-shirt with some eye-catching pantyhose or tights.  I have a lot of fetish items like Zentai suits, Latex items, Cosplay and encasement type things.  As well, I have fetish shoes and boots with 8-12 inch heels and thick platforms.

Socially, I prefer a knee-length long-sleeve dress and matching heels, or a skirt with a tunic or leggings with a tunic.  I don’t want to draw too much attention to myself, but compliments are always welcome.

Anonymous

In some ways I do dress a tad younger than my age, but as I suspect most women do that I am just dressing the same as my age group!   I dress for comfort and practicality (at the moment many layers to keep warm)  so I’m hardly stylish.

If it works for me I’ll keep on wearing it, and when it wears out I’ll repair or replace it.

Oh, and thanks (I think?) for introducing me to the term “Hoochie Mama”.  I guess being a Brit such things pass me by.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

[postquote quote=54113][/postquote]

Jasmine, the term refers to provocative clothes that one would wear for clubbing, but NOT limited to that situation.

At 62 yo, I dress for my age but certainly not like a grandma, LOL.  Most people say I look 10, 15 years younger than I actually am but no way could I go around wearing the short dresses that women wear in their 20’s and 30’s.  Whether I’m in a cocktail dress or jeans and a blouse, I love to have a bit of elegance to my look that I think does come off as a lady in her 50’s.  Dressing that way allows me to blend in and be passable.

One of the things I did when I first started my journey was to spend a lot of time observing women of all ages and studying how they dressed and presented themselves.  Unfortunately, I discovered that a lot of the women in my age group tended to be a bit “frumpy” when they were out in public.  I think that my Mother suspected something of what I was, because I can remember her making little comments to me growing up like “Ladies never to out with curlers in their hair”,  Lady always wears lipstick when she goes out”, and “Look your best when you go out”.  I tend to dress mostly a bit younger than my age, I’m not into the “Senior” polyester look.  I wear mostly skinny jeans or capris or shorts, depending on the weather – today is a shorts day in Florida, and a colorful t-shirt top or a bit more fancy top if I’m going to run errands.  In the summer, I move to tank tops.  When the mood strikes, I’ll head to one of my dresses and heels, mostly for when I’m out and about.

Hi Girls,

It sounds like I am one of the more casual gals so far.. My everyday attire consists of a pair of Lee or Levi’s skinney jeans, a top and I Love wearing high heel ankle boots. However, if I am going to work I wear Ladie’s Sketcher black work boots and every once in a while, I will wear an old pair of guy jeans if I’m going to get real dirty. (I don’t like messing up my nicer clothes.)

When I first decided to begin cross dressing again after a 20 year break, I hit the stores spending way too much money on dresses, skirts, tops, hose and shoes and I rarely wear any of it now since coming out and living as a woman again. I think my taste in clothing has changed somewhat since deciding to transition and my lifestyle doesn’t warrant me wearing skirts and dresses daily. Maybe in time!?

Also, I think I dress a lot like other woman in their 50’s, and maybe a bit younger. I get a lot of compliments on my footwear from other woman who tell me that their daughter would kill for my boots!!

My wife uses that term “Hoochie Mama” i think it is cute. She once told me not to look like some “hoochie mama” when i was planning a shopping trip..She is always worried that i will buy and wear something that will not be appropriate for my age. All woman are young of heart. We all want to feel cute and be pretty. That is why we need other woman in our lives just to let us know in sweet way your not a teenager any more. I believe my wife’S interpretation is do not buy anything too short or that shows too much skin. In other words do not draw any attention to your self in a sexual way. “Girls want to have fun” luv Stephanie

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

SK:

While I don’t do low cut or back out, I have no problem with short skirts, short skorts and short shorts. For variety, I do have some calf length and floor length pieces, but you have to factor in that I live in the desert with some summer days at 122F. Plus, I may BE old (71), but I have no intention of LOOKING old…

It all depends on the situation as I try to dress in a situation-appropriate way. If I am going out to dinner with a gentleman, something that doesn’t happen as much as I might like, I will wear a dress and my favorite pumps with a four-inch heel.

Rikki Truesdell dressed for a dinner date rikki.truesdell@gmail.com

But if I’m going out on a casual date, like meeting a guy at a sports bar, I will wear something casual, to blend in, like a long tunic over leggings or yoga pants along with my favorite retro-80s-style Rebook Freestyle high-top aerobic sneakers.

Rikki Truesdell dressed for a casual date rikki.truesdell@gmail.com

A few days ago I discovered D’Fyne, a Canadian women’s fitness magazine. It is aimed toward women in their 40s, 50s, and beyond (of which I certainly qualify for).

That got me thinking… how I might look on the cover as their first gender-fluid cover model.

Rikki Truesdell on a reimagined cover of D'Fyne magazine rikki.truesdell@gmail.com

Girls, what do you think?

Any older guys that stumbled in here that might be interested in dating me? If so, please read my profile and contact me.

You look really good. Make a good cover girl

You certainly have gorgeous hair! 🙆‍♀️

You look amazing! I hope you find a man who will cherish and appreciate you.♥

As a very large ( 6’4″ ) and not “passable” trans woman I don’t really give much thought to what other women wear where I live, a small town in the Sierra Nevada foothills of Calif. I absolutely loathe wearing pants, especially jeans, don’t even own any now. I wear mostly skirts and dresses, although in the summer (often over 100 here) I wear shorts too. But I just LOVE wearing dresses! I don’t wear anything too fancy since it is so rural here, but just love wearing things that are colorful and flowing. Plus I learned a long time ago that long, flowing skirts make my hips look wider and de- emphasize my broad shoulders a bit. I guess you could say I tend to wear a lot of peasant, gypsy or goddess style skirts, tops and dresses. I almost exclusively wear flats, because heels aren’t very practical around here and since the covid thing started I don’t go anywhere except the store, post office or bank anyway. FYI, if your feet are as big as mine (women’s size 15-16) finding cute flats is excruciatingly hard! It seems like most women’s shoes in my size are made for fetish cross dressers, i.e. 5-6″ stilettos, thigh high boots, etc. Not very practical. I would never try to wear any heel over 3 ” outside my house. I’d be afraid I’d wreck my knees and/or ankles, especially being well over 250 pounds at the moment.

Anonymous

Well, I am a lady of a certain age, but I refuse to wear pastel colours, Hotter shoes or anything that closes using Velcro! I love strong colours, russets, purples, green, blue and umber. I live in the country, so a normal day sees me in a top and flared skirt. Heels are 3 inches and below and boots, normally. Trousers not jeans, are normally loose fitting and tops tend to have sleeves, mainly because I seem to attract biting flies !!!!!

I’m 63. Everybody says I’m looking a lot younger. So I try to dress young and stylish. I’m definitely not wearing clothes that is for a 20 year. I’m improving my figure in order to fit smaller and more beautiful dresses so I’m currently on a strict diet. No candy, chips, strips or bakery or anything else that is with lots of calories.  And very small portions. So far I have lost 15lbs an I plan to lose another 15 to 20 lbs at least. When ready I think I will have a rather small frame, close to petite. In my opinion looking like that I can use clothes that is for a little bit younger than my age and hopefully not looking to “aunty”. I have never been interested in male clothing, “it’s just for shielding”. I’m very interested in women’s fashion and clothing, and as a woman I really want to dress stylish but not to expensive.

Anonymous

I always dress as appropriate for the area that I am going to and what other women would be wearing. Most women this time of year wear leggings to the grocery store so that is what I wear.  In the summer shorts or a skirt if my legs are tanned. I always try to look nice and wear clean clothing. Unless I go to home depot to buy some more of something to finish a project I don’t wear house clothes when I go out. Although 64, like most other trans females on HRT my mind says that I am a young and a vibrant female.  I have short skirts and long skirts and the short ones usually get worn.

I’m 61. So when I say younger, I don’t mean the Juniors dept. I mean im not wearing stretch pants, tennis shoes, and a short ass ugly little white hairdo.
      Ladies my age look like a fat q-tips. White on both ends.

Hahaha…true story! I don’t get it at all

Anonymous

I say I dress in an androgynous style mixing both genders together. I tend to dress my age, but there are times when I end up dressing like a 30-year-old gym bunny.

I dress I can say like comfort able but when I go out I dress gangster you would say

Anonymous

i like dressing really feminine skirts dresses and panty hose

Anonymous

If I’m out and about it’s jeans or skirt , blouse , blazer and flats . Maybe heels depending on what the activtives are for the day .

Going out for dinner with friends , blouse and long skirt , heels .

Out for dinner on a date …little black dress or some other type depending on where dinner is .

I will be turning 50 this month and it is still the same style I had 20 years ago and still works for me .

Don’t really follow fashion trends at all . everyone has there own style so …

Terri-Alexis

I guess I’m just less exciting. For me, my life goal is to be the woman I am within, to blend in and join the invisibility of the middle-aged woman. I dress stylish, but I dress absolutely for my age, and I dress the same way the women in my town dress. I just want to be what I would have been if I were born a woman. I strive to be unremarkable, and I take great joy in that.

Well I wear skirts and dresses almost every time I go out of the house. With thigh highs. Except when im going to the beach or pool then i wear shorts and my bikini. But around the house i love wearing a sexy babydoll. I am very tall and im 42 but most of the outfits i have are more things that i see girls in the 20s to early 30s wearing. I think i look good in ths outfits i choose to wear

[postquote quote=54091]
      I pick my outfit according to where i’m going and what for, i never intend to stand out , i like to blend with women of a similar age.

I’m with Susan More in dressing for the occasion and blending in. However there is an exception when I go out with the girls I am expected to be a bit more girlie than they are; if in skirts or dresses mine will be a little shorter, possibly in brighter colours or a ‘racier’ material, my blouse will be open an extra button, make-up a little heavier.
      This isn’t for fetish but as I’m still twice as heavy as I should be dressing like that helps me blend in with the others. I didn’t believe it would but they were right.
      On shopping trips and other events I dress a little low key as the dynamics are different.
      Interesting to read the other thoughts here.

Well, girls…

I wear what I feel good in at that moment! I have always liked to make statements throughout my life and I won’t stop now! Whether it’s a special occasion or a trip to the supermarket… colour and style are a must. Just as lippy, mascara and earrings are also a must! That was my mother’s advice!

https://transgenderheaven.com/?p=100393

Lufia
      FREE

I am not fully out yet, and I am still in the process of feminizing my public presentation. In private, I am usually always in a skirt or a dress of some type. I love cute lingerie, and really any outfit that I feel cute and feminine in. In public, I dress as feminine as I can without making it completely obvious. I have recently started working some women’s jeans(the tighter the better) and leggings into my wardrobe. If it were a perfect world, I would call myself a tease. Whatever I’m wearing, I like it to be as short and/or tight, and as feminine looking as possible. I don’t have a perfect body by any means, but I am proud of what I do have, and I like to maximize my assets and look cute.

Mia Story
      FREE

i think about it. depending on the weather i am almost totally naked or trussed up like and eskimo! we have the greatest ambient temperature in the world in iowa..!! when i gets hot i wear my mini, flipflops, and a sheer flowing top. today it was cool and rainy and i walked quite a way. none the less i work my solid heels i bought last year that go well  with my skin tight jeans. my top was nondescript but over it was a dark colored pancho type cowl sweater. i love that sweater! sometimes i wear a nice pressed wool cape tan colored. my summer tops pretty much resemble the rainbow? i wear kilts a lot. i took one of my kilts and cut it to a mini. of course there is my black mini. i don’t like to wear panties but when its windy i have to..! after i start fostering such riske behavior will be abandoned!

i usually wear sunglasses as my eyes tend to look male. also i gain a midrift bulge in winter. i found out that coffee in the morning is 10 percent effective as a metabolizer but 30 percent effective in the afternoon! wow! since i’m like naked skin i take care of mine. in early spring i use a tanner spray and i do have a sonic machine for fat rolls. but my diet has been so good lately i haven’t needed it much. last year i exposed too much to the sun and got a bump. i was vexed! but come to find out simple creams and vitamen oils get rid of them. ah!

I’m still dressing in private at the mo but my dress sense ranges from something a 20 year old would wear to more conservative clothes, the main thing I try and do though is cover my shoulders as they aren’t feminine at all and give me away every time:)

Just before my divorce, It was during my active duty years, my wife started telling friends and family and coworkers that I dressed up and would go out dressed in dresses. When I found out, she already had her and the kids bags packed. So it was easy to just let her go and then to put out the fires. We had 6 kids, been married over 15 years, She knew before we were married that I dressed and she would often buy me things. But she never wanted to be involved nor approved. So when I dressed, I had to go out somewhere, which was generlly out for drives, walks, and some times to a gay bar.

After she left me, I had to visit with family and friends, and a few coworkers and explain my dressing. Most my family knew and had just kept it quite. After tellling my closest friends I found out they knew already and didnt care. My job in the military was logistic’s. I was good at it and they needed me, so I was told as long as I kept it away from work and did not embarrass the military nor myself, they didn’t want to know. After that it was game on. I dressed and went out all the time on my free time.  As a female, I love all sorts of things feminine. I think that if I’m going to spend the time doing make up, lingerie, breast forms and the works, then I’m going to wear dresses or skirts and blouses. I take pride in my female appearance, I have some female friends that I can call and we will dress up and go out to the bar, dinners, clubs together, It’s so fun to be out. I do dress my age a little more then not. and I do need to lose some more weight. but I’m pretty passible when out till I open my mouth. Then it’s a dead giveaway that I’m a wanna be female.

I’d give about anything to be able to work and play in dresses everyday. I often dream of what it would be like to go to work in an office in a skirt or dress everyday, being around men, but having to do everything in a feminine way. I would have also loved to have met a strong woman that would have wanted someone like myself as a submissive sissy wife, I would have been a perfect trophy wife for someone, I’d have made them so happy to have me as there wife, home cooking, cleaning, happy to be in dresses, then being taken out in all my finery so they could show me off as the happy wife i was met to be

Mia Story
        FREE

six kids? wow! two was enough for me. i have had a couple of trans friends in the military. they pretty much go in your direction. ? i am still connected with a transsexual lady in florida who was in the air force. she was very good at her job also and everyone knew but her i guess. her wife reacted about like yours. she ended up married to a lesbian and is happy. she still loves her former wife even though she walked all over my friend. oh well! often i will look at women and realize i’m pretty much the only one wearing dresses. so i started wearing my kilts instead. i love my kilts. they are wrap around and weather well. i have everything from a mini to calf length in my heritage weave. often i think i am just dressing the way my ancestors did. fem is interesting. my dad was alway telling me to throw my shoulders back and straighten up. well i do now! its a struggle a bit sometimes! i notice women often compensate from breast weight with their posture. so i mimic that at times. i don’t mess with breast forms. the natural padding of my bras is plenty of form. i guess my mind has moved on a bit from the thrill of dressing fem. i do all the time, so… i am gravitating toward a more public job from my online job. bucking the trend? and i wonder if i will be able to function in that job. i guess i’m not quite ready for display in that format. and i’m getting too old really, for such things. my choices are few. i’m actually quitting a graphics job cause the money has dwindled. but subway is hiring? i’m not sure i really need to work all that much. it would be more for my head. plateauing is a bit boring. 🙂

i never could get into the sissy thing. i have fantasized about subbing to men. but that has ended. i really don’t want to sub at all anymore. i think it was a phase? so many phases!

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

I think we try out different things in our minds and see what fits and what doesn’t. That’s how I would describe it. To me, it feels like a phase is something that must experienced, but I don’t think that is how it works…

Anonymous

My style is neat and stylish, heels, I can walk in,  and clothes that complete a feminine look. They have to wearable as well.

Makeup more understated., so I am comfortable.

I dress like a gay man. No heterosexual cis man could wear my outfits and not look flaming. Would that be hoochie mama or stylish? I couldn’t decide.

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

Interesting!

Well, Hoochie Mama is reserved for a feminine presentation. The term is quite old and I believe comes from the slang term for alcoholic beverages: hooch. So, it would be a female who spent a fair bit of time in bars and dressed provocatively.

Hard to say about stylish. I’d say that you’ve made your own style!

Mia Story
        FREE

i will never forget the couple i met online. they were gay at first and then one evolved toward transgender. the other freaked and mourned the loss of a lover. i suppose they broke up? i also suppose presentation had a lot to do with the friction?  nowadays the edges are not so defined. the lines are blurred a bit. there are more tendencies that black and white decisions. sometimes i find myself entertaining the idea of being gay. but it doesn’t last for long. when i go that direction its mostly sexual in nature and has everything to do with presentation. last night  i listened to a voice tape i made right after i got my fem voice. wow! i thought i would sound a lot more male or gay! nope! that voice was definitely of a woman. there is so much involved with presenting as a woman. i had to learn and unlearn so much. but these days that evolution goes way beyond clothing or voice or looks. i think it always has in a way. surely everyone thought i was gay in high school but me!

Lufia
      FREE

As for me, I have not publicly transitioned yet, but I like to wear things that make me feel sexy. I am total thong girl, and absolutely refuse to wear granny panties. I really wear only women’s clothing at this point, but in public I wear clothing that that can pass for men’s clothing unless you are looking really closely, though that will change as soon as I fully transition. I like my jeans as tight as possible, and my shorts as short as I can wear them without drawing too much of the wrong kind of attention. If it doesn’t make my butt look cute, I don’t wear it in public. I don’t want to be single forever. At home, I’m always in a skirt or dress, and I never wear anything that goes past mid thigh. I definitely prefer skirts and dresses, and will probably throw all of my pants away once I transition. I’ll be too old for that stuff soon enough, so I’m going to enjoy being sexy while I can. In closing, I like anything that makes me feel feminine and sexy, and I am a total tease. Right now, I keep it really toned down in public, but once I transition, I will be the cutest tease on the block.

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

There is an old saying:

Don’t write a check that your body can’t cash…

Susan K
          FREE

I had cashed a couple checks lol

Anonymous

Hi Lucia, sexy lingerie close to the body, and clothing making a statement, a good way to live. You may as well live your life. Enjoy

Best wishes

Jane Elizabeth

Miriya Paris
      SILVER

Hello everyone, just saw this topic again, must have voted long ago but I do not see a reply.

I dress many different ways for different circumstances, I would like to think I am stylish/luxurious with a bit hoohamama thrown in. I am definitely not in current style of the young as they like ripped legging jeans with a hoodie, OMG my 90’s self just can not stand the look.  I remember reading a book by Stephanie Semore (90’s super model) long ago and she had a chapter on dressing your age but doing it with style, it has been very curious to see how this has changed over the years and how to can see a generation based on how they dress.  Remember the resurgence of the mom jeans? Personally I like a high fashion clean look kind of like a wife of the boss look or new high net worth. Unfortunately as I am no stunner so I need clothing and stuff to makeup for the gap. Do enjoy to get dressed up and get noticed and do not mind spending the time to get ready but we all know the pit falls of getting noticed too much.   Sad is I live not in a big city and no one around wears anything but tees and jeans, and wearing anything slightly nicer gets looks and stares.  There seems to be a fine line of dressing the way I like and not drawing too much attention.

love always,

Miriya

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

You said:

”Sad is I live not in a big city and no one around wears anything but tees and jeans, and wearing anything slightly nicer gets looks and stares.”

That’s one thing I have come to learn about Southern California. The way people dress here is all over the map. In December of 2019 I went to a gala for the first time. I fretted over what to wear for a while until the light bulb went off. It occurred to me that folks would be dressed from damn near Walmart casual to dress up just short of formal. And that turned out to be the case. So, I think I hit a middle ground. It was almost like the over shirt was MADE for copper jewelry…

Mia Story
      FREE

there is a great show about clothing on amazon, “a stitch in time” about historical clothing.

Jane. My dress style is also dictated by work or social outings.

Work, say blue or black jeggings. Camisole of choice , coloured bra, bracelet, necklaces, lipstick, and lip balm.  My work colleagues have not been told officially about my new persona, but with my work outfits, that is not necessary.

Social, depends where we are going, but demure probably describes me. I do modern upwith leather pants, knee high boots, glam top, makeup.

Comfortable, and confident, and I ignore cretins and their comments.

Best wishes

Jane Stewart

HOBART Tassie.

Lauren Mugnaia
      AMBASSADOR

Whenever I am dressed as Lauren, it is always made up head to painted toes.  All body hair removed, bra, panties, jewelry, shoes, painted fingernails and perfume. I will often wear a dress or a skirt and top but pants and leggings are common as well. I like to look classy, not trashy, trying to blend in instead of stand out.

I dress in many ways… and Voted as My Age and Younger.

What I wear is conditional on many factors such as where I am wearing this to and going to be doing when I get there, what the weather is like, and what color or color combination I want to wear for that day.

My job for example is a job that I have to wear jeans, and because womens jeans pockets are too “annoyingly shallow ” I end up wearing mens jeans so that I have pockets to put things into as my pockets are used frequently with my job servicing machinery.

On my days off however and depending on the weather I have a wide variety of dresses, skirts, tanks, shirts, skorts, womens jeans and shorts, bras, makeup, jewelry, and shoes to pick from.

I wear age appropriate items in public, however if I am home lounging and not going out for the day I will wear my younger items which many would probably be like… your 46 years old and wearing what a 20 or 30 year old would be wearing? In that I love to put on my clothing that is common to what you would find in a Hot Topic store and Punk/Goth like with leg warmers over pantyhose or nylon stockings, a skirt that shows lots of leg, band t-shirt or tank top with a lace bra that if wearing tank top my bra straps show and sometimes one of them is drapped off a shoulder and resting on side of my upper arm, and I have a choker on and makeup, and my hair loose, pulled back in a pony tail, braided by my partner, or in a bandana as my arms I have striped black and pink, purple or another color arm warmers that my fingers stick out the front of and my thumbs poke out the hole at the side of them and they are worn between hands and elbows.

But I haven’t gone out yet looking like this because I can see it being too triggering for someone to making fun of me.

My friends will come by as I’m dressed as if I am a punk/goth girl in my 20’s – 30’s and they are all cool with it which is great. And my partner who is 31, her friends think its the coolest thing that I dress as I do and have a real taste for what goes with what and how to look great to the point that I helped my girlfriends girlfriend who stopped by to look great giving her a few items of mine to borrow for a while and so while I am 46 I so act like I am in my late 20s. And its fun to borrow clothing items between friends and sometimes have dress up parties to see what we can come up with for fun combinations that the younger girls will go out in public with the fun combinations, but I keep this appearance of myself confined to my home for now and chose to go out in age appropriate attire to avoid trouble makers who may age discriminate to younger style.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

My thanks to all who have contributed to this thread! Similar to how transgender people can have any sexuality that cisgender people have, transgender people can have any approach to fashion and style that cisgender people can have. We are not limited to a model of hyperfemininity.

There is also another interesting phenomenon in play. The vast majority of us (speaking of male to female) were reared as males. We did not have the benefit of being mentored by mothers, grandmothers, aunts and older sisters. Many of us dress in a way that seems to be catch-up for those lost years. We seem to be trying to have the adolescence that we missed; in varying degrees, of course. I think some outside of the community believe that this is how instability shows up. Personally, I believe it is merely an attempt to capture some of the feminine fun that we didn’t have.

Anonymous

[postquote quote=126236]
      Love it I dress slutty at home otherwise conservative and my job at being happy and feminine

It depends on where I am. In public / work, I’m usually found in baggy cargo pants and a hoodie, but under neath have on lace panties, a sports bra and thigh highs. at home its a mix of trad fem and e-thot depending on how i feel

I voted both stylish and younger than my age when I dress as Ashley.

Although I’m 42, I can easily pass for someone younger. Most people who have recently met me think I’m in my late 20s. Socially, this means I can dress like a pretty college student one day, and a fashionable 40-something woman the next. My legs are my best asset, so I like wearing miniskirts and short shorts whenever possible.

Professionally, I still use my birth name, so I am still wearing gender-neutral clothing to the office and to Zoom meetings so far. I plan to gradually start wearing more feminine attire to work before long – it will be easier in the fall. Maybe I’ll fully be Ashley at work in a year from now? Although I usually wear a padded bra socially (I’m a 36B right now) I have been wearing a bralette to work.

Makeup is still something I’m trying to get the hang of. I can put on concealer and foundation, but am still getting a feel for how to put on lipstick and eye makeup neatly. I love getting my nails done, and enjoy showing off my painted toes in a cute pair of sandals during the warm weather.

Sadly, my body hair causes me problems with what I can wear when, and it’s always been my greatest source of dysphoria. It forces me to be very careful with necklines on my tops, especially at this time of year. Even with waxing, my chest hair starts to become visible again in 7-10 days. It’s really frustrating to not be able to wear a tank top or a sleeveless blouse in the summer because I have stubble and shaving bumps. It also limits when I can go to the beach or a pool. Fingers crossed that this will be the last year of dealing with this (I’m going for a hair removal consult later this week).

Elli Snow
        SILVER

First off, how did you manage to vote twice?  I would have made the same choices.  I’m 70, and I dress much younger than is expected of a woman my age from one point of view, but I think of it like I’m a teen, starting a sort of puberty transition, learning things like makeup. Also, I was a volunteer wildland fire fighter in the Colorado Mountains before I moved to Indiana 2 years ago next month, so I’m in pretty good shape for my age.  I generally wear mid thigh or higher skirts or dresses as my legs are probably my best asset except for the fact that they’re short, so I generally wear 2″ to 3″ block heal shoes or boots, or wedge sandals.  I will occasionally wear knee length dresses or skirts, but the have to have great flare, because I love to dance and I love spinny dresses.   Haven’t started using makeup other than lipstick and nail polish and I can do them quite well.  That would be thanks to my mother, who only wore nail polish and lipstick, so I never had any to experiment with or someone to watch how it’s done.  While I don’t have your hair issues as I never had much, almost none on my chest and the rest is fine, pale blonde so you can’t see it unless you’re really close.  However,  I doubt I’ll ever be seen outside my house in anything cropped.  Five years ago I weighed around 225-230 and now I weigh 138 and unfortunately my belly looks like I’m part Shar Pei.  I was essentially forced to wear pants for almost 60 years, so the only time you’ll ever see me in jeans is if I’m working around the house.  I love jewelry and never leave the house without earrings, but I don’t usually wear anything else, because I spent years working around rotating machinery and the easiest way to lose a finger or a hand is to have a part of a machine grab your ring, watch or bracelet.  While my style may be young, it’s always done with class.  My mother was a buyer and department manager for one of the high end department stores that existed in the ’60s and ’70s and I learned a lot about fashion from her.  My biggest issue right now is I do have thick, noticeable facial hair and because of my pale hair color, I’m not a candidate for laser or IPL hair removal, so I’m going to have to start making 180 mile round trips to the nearest licensed electrolysis technician to get rid of the mustache and beard, and I’m told it will take 8 or 10 sessions.  I’ll make the trip gladly though, because I’ve hated having to shave for over 40 years.  Once I get that done I’ll be ready to learn everything there is to learn about makeup.

missyjo
      FREE

it varies.

at first I wore mostly tight jeans, a blouse n heels to go out n only wore skirts privately. now j often wear 1950s n 60s style skirts or dresses to church, work at torrid, around for errands is Jean’s n top in cold, or daisy dukes or denim mini with a cute top n heels, n pretty lingerie

clubbing usually means a mini with my bum hanging out of the 10 inches of material with contrasting bright lace panties.

sort of June cleaver by day and tramp on weekend nights..blush

hugs to all

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transgender Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?