I declare it’s not dyspraxia!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

So, I’ve never been a coordinated person. Average at best most of the time, but I do walk into things, bump shoulders on doorways, trip up stairs, sometimes type on a keyboard like a gorilla, among other things. I once literally tripped over my own two feet. No joke. Anyway, it was to the point where I was sure I had dyspraxia…which causes clumsiness in otherwise healthy people (like Daniel Radcliff for example). Well, coming out transgender…mtf…and really paying attention to a lot of stuff, I realized that a portion of the issue is general anxiety, but most…like 90%…is because my brain doesn’t recognize my male body and thus isn’t expecting it to be the size it is. I’ve noticed that when I started letting my full personality out that I started moving more femininely and was keeping my legs closer together and arms closer to my body…without trying…and almost all of the motor skills issues resolved themselves. Never realized that my gender was having such an impact on how my brain related to my body even when I thought I was male. Stop forcing myself to act “manly” and I’ll stop failing to be “manly”…because I’m not, lol

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Hillary, that is a very interesting observation. I had never heard of that, nor thought of it for that matter. That sounds like an interesting topic for some research and discussion with a therapist. Please feel free to update us when you find out more. Michelle

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘I Declare!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?