I don’t know how to open up to my parents

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Luna Wing
      FREE

So a few years ago my parents found out that I am transgender and I lied out of it. I wanted to know how I should open up to my parents.

You face the same challenge that most of us have or will. I believe you just have to sit down with them and tell them. Their initial reaction may or may not be ideal but if they love you then they will, over time, adjust and accept who you are. Good luck

Hi Luna. I do not know your parents but i feel confident in saying most parents only want their children to be happy with themselves. They know more than you think. Maybe their just waiting for you to ask for help . Their is no shame in asking for help in someting that is bothering you. Wether you begin your life as a women or a man begin your real life and be happy. I often wonder what my life would of been like as a woman. I know for sure i would of been happy at the very least. Living a lie is not really living. Please donot make the same mistake I made. There is no better people to tell the truth about how you feel. If they cannot help then there ate so many other source’s that can help starting with the one you are asking for help now. You did nothing wrong . You are not crazy. We all need help especially when dealing with the very basics, a question of gender. That should of been taking care of at birth. It was not for me and i suffered my whole life. Ask for help there is no need to suffer it is just wasted time.

Best regards and much empathy and love Stephanie

P

The lie complicates it. but I’m curious to know how they acted when they found out? that should give you an idea of how to go about it. but it comes down to just saying screw it and doing it. if it helps have someone who knows and who is supportive towards you there when you speak to them.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I suppose the first order of business would be to start with correcting the lie. I don’t think that you can go forward otherwise.

It is important to remember that no one else can tell your truth. If we don’t, in the absence out information, people tend to make up their own to fill in the blanks. That is definitely something that we want to avoid…

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

[postquote quote=53114]

Consider the possibility of writing a script. It is not intended to use during the discussion, but rather to help you crystalize your thoughts before hand. The important thing is say what you need to say. Get the message out first and then have the question and answer. The more thoroughly you consider what you want to/need to say, the better things will go…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Emotional Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?