I Feel so Strongly But Don't Know if I'm Rushing In

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I just came to the revelation that I might be transgender in the past week, but I have had feelings about becoming a woman for some time.  My wife over the years has questioned if I’m gay but I never understood why until I posed her the question if I was transgender.  She says I act very femminine and dont even realize it.  I just came out to my parents last night and they want me to seek professional counseling before I act.  However my wife immediately asked if I wanted to start dressing and acting female, and it was these thoughts and the fact that I just might want to try them that makes me believe its true.

Hi Joshua and welcome,
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>That is a very good question which, in my case, I am still at the stage where I have been questioning my gender do quite some time but recently have taken the first step to find out. I had my first counseling session. Your parents are correct in saying you should seek professional counseling. Whether you are transgender or not you should take this step first. I believe that it is a requirement before you can do HRT via a physician. It sounds like you have a good support system already in place with your wife and parents if that is true then lean on them. Make your own decisions and listen to you inner compass. Your support system cannot and should not make the decision for you and going off half informed is a recipe for disaster on both counts.</p>
      This is just a small bit of advice I received recently from a very dear and kind friend I have found on this site. I joined about 2 weeks ago and was a member of CDH for a month before that. In this time I have found that the ladies on both sites will be supportive, they will answer any questions, they will have your back, they do have a lot of love for all who come seeking knowledge and their own destiny. TTFN💋👠

Danielle

Hi again Joshua,

I just read your reply to Elizabeth. Wow what a small world and similar journey we are on. You have put into a much shorter paragraph of the exact same situation as my wife and I are having right now. She was will to give me a divorce so I could become the woman I could be. I do not want to lose her so I have started counseling because I have to figure out if I even want HRT, truly want it and present as a woman full time or strap the breasts down to be drab at work. Anyway I wanted to let you know that you are not alone in the respect of sacrificing your transition for the sake of your marriage and friendship of your wife. TTFN💋👠

Danielle

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Tory:

Just remember that your path is shaped by YOU. A good gender therapist will help you discover what that should be, but it is your own realization. Your parents seem to think that therapy will dissuade you, but I suspect that will not be the case. Therapy helps us understand what is really going on and unravel thing that we may not want to consider. Change is difficult and left to its own devices, our minds will favor safety over upheaval…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Am I transsexual?’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?