I Met Another Trans Woman Yesterday…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Yesterday, Sunday, I had a meeting with our Director of Volunteers and one other Volunteer Coordinator for Palm Springs Pride. We were catching up on information since Pride last November and doing some planning for this year. When we were finished, I restarted an old habit of stopping at a Starbucks on the way home to have a coffee and to detox for a while. I had been sitting for a while when a woman came in. I figured that she was either did a fair amount of gym time or was a trans woman. The reason I thought this was even though her arms were not overly large, but they were clearly well defined. She was not facing me so I didn’t she what she looked like, but she was working on something very diligently.

When I packed up to leave, I decided to stop and talk for a moment. I typically don’t walk up to strangers and start a conversation, but what I’ve noticed is that DeeAnn does this more frequently than Don ever did. Anyway, she had packed up her materials just before I walked over. I said that I was curious about what she was doing as she really seemed to be concentrating on it. She showed me what she had been making. They were 3 stretch bracelets made of approximately 1/8″ diameter beads. Part of the length included square beads, each with a letter. One said FRIENDSHIP and I don’t remember what the other 2 said. She had recently moved here from Sedona and she mentioned the trans organization here where I was a board member for a bit over 2 years. It was quite a pleasant conversation. I gave her one of my business cards from Palm Springs Pride and I went to my car.

I can’t say that every encounter will be as pleasant as this one, but I guess that there is only one way to find out. Every now and then it is probably a good thing to extend ourselves a bit.

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

DeeAnn, excellent story. I am a firm believer that more often than not, casual conversations with others will typically go very well. I’m happy you made another friend, and maybe she will pop in as a member here. Michelle

Barb
      FREE

[quote quote=135012]I typically don’t walk up to strangers and start a conversation, but what I’ve noticed is that DeeAnn does this more frequently than Don ever did.[/quote]

Oh totally, DeeAnn!

Barb is WAY more energetic, outgoing and fun than that other me, despite the fact that both are the same person. Must be my perfume that lures them in… LOL!!

There’s nothing better than living the life you really want to live!

Barb

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

Clearly what women are allowed to do from a social perspective can be quite different compared to men. In fact, if men do some of these things, it would often be taken as a negative.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?