ICD11 is released

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

WHO released the new ICD and gender identity disorder is now gone! Woohoo! It’s now called gender incongruence and moves it from mental and behavioral disorders to a section on sexual health. Gender incongruence is defined by the WHO as; a marked and persistent incongruence between an individuals experienced gender and assigned sex.

“The WHO’s removal of ‘gender identity disorder ‘ from its diagnostic manual will have a liberating effect on transgender people worldwide.”

Medical professionals use the ICD and the DSM to diagnose patients and insurance companies also use the codes within them to allow required medically necessary procedures and for billing. Because the stigmatism of a mental disorder has followed us for more decades than was ever required it is a wonderful thing to see the WHO right a wrong, finally. This will, in my opinion, help not only with a true and beneficial diagnoses for us as a whole but it brings the ICD and the DSM closer together to similar definitions for our diagnosis as individuals and make it easier to become who we are supposed to have been born as.

For everyone who will transition this is great news especially if you have health insurance. If you don’t have health insurance, the VA or Medicare there are state programs  for health insurance. Search this website for posts regarding information on this. I gathered this information from a usnews.com article from May 31 2019. I wrote a post earlier this year or late last year mentioning this was on the way. It has finally arrived. Now time will tell which governments will modify laws to be consistent with these new guidelines. I’m not too hopeful our cretin of a President will work towards any changes in law for us except to restrict our rights.

My wife read me an article while we were driving to see movies at a theater 65 miles away from home. It was about a transgender woman who is a CEO and a phenomenal woman too. I just broke into tears when she read this to me. I will edit this post with info about the article so you too may read it. Be safe, love ❤️ and hugs 🤗

Danielle💋👠

the article was in The Advocate and it was about Martine Rothblatt. Please give it a read, thank you so much.

Thank you Danielle.  It will no doubt take time for healthcare providers and insurance companies to catch up and we know the track record on resistance until they understand it, but it’s a step in the right direction IMO.

Absolutely Cloe! Since I do work on the technical side of healthcare I understand the hoops they will make us go through and then insurance companies will drag their feet kicking and screaming the whole way. Unless we get an administration with a spine and a brain in the White House insurance companies will be allowed to delay. But it is a step in the correct direction 😁!
      Danielle 💋👠

Hi Danielle I truly appreciate your interest in following the Governments interpretation of  our delema and what the insurance company’s reaction is going to be. At the end of the day most of is will rely on the Government either State or Federal to assist those of us to choose to transition beyond a unsatisfactory acceptance of their reality.  It is very costly to right a wrong in this case. We are very fortunate to have people like you at the four front . This is so important to the woman that are in my position.  I will be relying on Medicare to assist me in my needs to be finally happy. I have contributed to the system for over 50 years without complaint as a unhappy hidden woman . It’s is only fair they make it easier for me to be a happy woman. Thank You for being out there for all of us ❤️ Stephanie

Nb

Hi Stephanie,
        You are most welcome and thank you so much for your compliment. I also have interest in how the government and insurance will play this game out. I am humbled by all who have dealt with this far longer than I and are planning on transitioning. Many thanks to those who have been fighting this battle longer to bring us to this place and time. It is the least I can do to help at this time. Love ❤️ and hugs 🤗
        Danielle 💋👠👗

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?