If everything was taken away ….

• Creator
    Topic
    Alexis
    Participant

If everything was taken away form you , home , job , family , friends ..everything …expect the cloths on your back , what would you have left ?

I have been thinking about this question of late or at least on the back of my mind and it pops up once and while . I sit back and reflect on my life so far which gives me the strength to keep pushing forward . I have been stab , shot , rape , stomach cancer , hit by a car 3 times , dis-owned by family , except for one sister . Emotionally abused , physically abused , but yet I’m still here for some strange reason .

Would you still have your pride ?

Self-esteem ?

Love for yourself ?

Alexis

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies

A question that can truly change the course of someone’s life.

After all that was gone, I’d still be left with the ability to choose. So many great thoughts and quotes to be found but this one immediately comes to mind.

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”

Viktor E. Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning

Alexis
        FREE

Hi Rei ,

It is a question which can really change the dynamics of ones path . I always believe we have a choice even if it hurts our ego . We always have a choice . It is me who chooses to be depressed , fearful of the unknown and shut myself off . I can choose to follow the same path with no results , face whatever else my brain throws at me and follow that rabbit down the hole . Or I can choose to not believe those brain message and move forward with a positive attitude  creating peace and love in my life . I rather have love and peace .

Alexis

Michelle Larsen
      AMBASSADOR

Alexis, what would you have; if every material thing you have was taken away? the most precious thing you have ever owned; your heart, your soul, and your mind. They can take every physical thing you have, but they can never take those things away. And yes, you are still here. Maybe for a reason you are not yet aware of, but I can assure you, it is for a vary good reason. And someday, you shall find it, of that I am sure. Michelle

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Alexis
        FREE

Thanks Michelle for chiming in with your feedback ,

Yes you are so correct and I have many of those still within just a little on the bruised side and healing very well I might add . I finally took one of your suggestion on joining chat , very up lifting over the past few days and it feels great to talk about absolutely nothing , just random thoughts  .

Alexis

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.