I’m shrinking!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

So many conflicting claims about physical changes on HRT. I know the studies, you can’t change your skeleton so you won’t lose height. But cartilage is another story right?

Here’s the thing, 6 months ago I was 6′ 2″ (almost) now I’m 6′ measured same time of day etc. I know because I measure it regularly. Inside leg gone from 32″ to 31″.

I have to say I’m pleased…I can wear a small heel now! Anyone else noticed height/shoe size differences?

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Alex, that is quite interesting. I have honestly never heard of that happening. Might be a good topic for a conversation though with your Endocrinologist. They would certainly have more insight into what is behind it. Michelle

It looks like there is real evidence amongst the members here Michelle. Should I have done a Poll? It would have to be honest measurement though. It would be really valuable information.
        Alex x

I’ve been on hrt for only 3 weeks and I feel shorter.  I’m 44, so I don’t think I should have lost height due to aging.

I used to be 6 feet and now I’m 5’10 which I’m fine with.

Hi Rebecca…you as well. I looked into it and isn’t common but is documented. Like you it isn’t premature ageing, perhaps your original tall height has something to do with it? Like you I was tall (still am I guess at 6′) A third of your spine length is cartilage and it shrinks in old age so perhaps with HRT it starts early? I’ve had no side effects in 7months…only this, and like you it is welcome.

How interesting that there is so much cartilage making up the length of the spine.

My wife said that she noticed I take up less space than I used to, and I don’t think it’s just height she’s talking about.

How lucky we are, to have the privilege to take this journey from one sex to the other!

Losing weight eh Rebecca? I wish there was a cure for belly fat! It’s going to be hell getting an hourglass figure…33″ waist I want. Any advice? That’s a thread I’d sign up for lol

Alex x

Well I have lost a little bit of weight but I think my wife was referring to the way I move and carry myself.

I’ve been doing crunches every day and I hope it will help with my belly fat.  I feel like starting each day with a little apple cider vinegar drink and crunches might be a good plan for me.

Been on hormones for 20 years now,

had thought that I’d never shrink since growing 18″ in a single year as a kid destroyed much of my cartilage. ALL my disks look like black paper on an MRI

last Nov, had a physical and was measured at 6’6.75″ down from 6’8″

Could just be age instead of estrogen, I don’t know.

I have been 5 /10 my whole life and i am 5/8 i am 58 and when i started HRT i never changed  but i know that it is not due to age and i have also noticed that my entire frame has changed

I am postop 3 months and i have never felt so alive i wonder if anyone else has noticed that you change even more after SRS

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Alex, I guess you could. I see no reason why you couldn’t. Although, people do shrink a bit with age, so that would need to be taken into consideration I’d think. Michelle

I agree Michelle, that is the only way it would have any real value. I know mine was 6′ 1.75″(have been since 19yrs old) the week I started HRT.
        At 6 months 6′ 0″ age doesn’t kick in that quick surely.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?