In the uk

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, my name is Raven (legally changed it about a year ago) I came out as trans over two years ago now.

After walking away from a job that I did enjoy but because of this and a lot of other things was killing me.

Bounced around a few others until I had a breakdown and ended up being sectioned in my local hospitals mental wing. After getting out of there, I was under the cmht who so far have let me down at every turn. I was honest with the dvla and had my licence taken off me because of that, causing me to lose my last job, I’ve been unemployed since January.

I got the welcome pack from the gic in London in January, telling me to get blood tests and whatever, which I did a few weeks ago.

I’m looking for work, but I’m not sure if I can cope with what’s on offer anymore especially as I don’t have any “real” qualifications just 16 years in one job and bouncing round a few others.

I’m hoping a few thing here, to find people that I can talk to, about how I feel inside and everything as well as game knowledge from those that have had more dealings with the gic, and if anyone can offer a job that would be grand, but I’m not too worried about that.

Anyway that’s about it, if anyone wants to ask absolutely anything, please go ahead.

Anonymous

Hi Raven,  I love that name!

Welcome to this site.  I’m sure you will find help and support here as I have in the past.

I am in the UK but only recently started down the GIC route so you are ahead of me.  Have you joined the “Transgender UK (support group)” on facebook?  You will find a large number of people there from the UK: many have years of experience of the UK system who could answer any questions you have.

And I’m sorry to hear about your past and your current job situation.  It must be hard especially now that Covid has pretty much put the job market on hold.

Best wishes

Andrea

Hi Raven

A beautiful name that needs little or no introduction once spoken in a soft manner. I’m struggling too with the way the UK advise a way of dealing with showing my true self, from doctors to psychologists, even now I struggle, but if you want this as much as we all do,  you need to keep going and fight for your worth not physically but through expression, then you will find the path is much easier a road travelled. Maria Leigh

Yeah, it is. The only jobs available to me, really, even before covid are manual labour jobs and unfortunately many of them are all or nothing, after being stagnant since January I can’t do a full day’s hard physical graft, my body just can’t take it. I need to build up the stamina again. Trubble is no money means can’t really go out to do that and a crippling fear of people in general don’t help much. But doctors don’t pay that no mind, that’s not a real issue, I’m just being lazy and bloody minded, apparently.

I admit physical labour isn’t really what I want to do any more, but it’s the only thing I’m qualified for so I don’t really have much choice.

Hi Raven. I’m not from the UK, so I really don’t know how things work over there. However, I used to do physical labor for a living. Did it for 12 years. Very tough job. I left that job and got my CDL (commercial drivers license) here in the USA. I now work for transit as a bus operator. It’s great pay. No experience necessary. There are a ton of jobs you can get with little to no experience that pays well. No degree or certification required either. You can also think about getting into YouTube and social media. Make your own content and make money through monetization. Good luck girl. You got this.

Anonymous

Hi Raven , I am from Ireland and would love to connect with you as a friend here . Don’t give up on finding a job , you have skills , i mean you must have learned some skills in your last job , and you must have been very good at it, if lasted that length of time . So don’t underestimate or under sell yourself.  You can find a new job , or start a business yourself.

Thanks for the love hon but it doesn’t seem like either will happen any time sosoon.

I don’t think I’m charismatic enough to be a YouTube and all I can really off is gaming vids

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?