Introduction

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hal
      BRONZE

Hello All, My name is Hal, and I’ll be 24 the first of June. I’m transmasculine, but since I am also queer, there’s still this amount of certain effeminacy I really enjoy coinciding with having a lot of [non-toxic] masculinity to my nature.
      I’m currently in a T4T relationship for a little over a year. Which is really nice having a partner who understands your struggles/experiences in a more personal way. But since she is MTF, it’s not same level of discussion as it may be with someone of the same assigned gender & gender identity.
      I’ve tried a lot of different sources to find trans friends to finally feel like I had a support system that I couldn’t get from blood relatives. Overall I have made friends with and talked to many trans women and non-binary people, but my luck has been slim to none with finding other trans men to speak to on a regular basis.
      So in 24 years I’ve never made friends or acquaintances with any other trans men.
      During my current search attempt for somewhere else to make connections, I came across this site that seemed active enough to give a shot. But I still have a ways to go with getting a hang of the site and connecting with people.
      Serious stuff aside, some interests of mine are: music (death/doom metal, dance pop, dark wave, post punk, rap, for example), movies (horror comedy, horror sci-fi, psychological thriller, LGBTQ+, comedy, action (fight films), reading (horror/thriller, true crime, books related to Spanish language, educational/informative), I also like collecting CDs, collecting books, collecting DVDs, playing some video games, cooking/baking, psychology (will finish my masters when I’m able to), etc.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Hal:

You’re Here!! Very Good and I hope that being here will be helpful for your journey.

I never had any contact with trans men until I retired and moved here. Also, know that what I am going to say will be purely anecdotal and without any particular scientific study.

What I’ve noticed is that, while there are trans men in this area, many don’t seem to be interested in support groups and other activities to the degree of trans women. Several years ago one well known trans man here led a weekly gathering, but after about a month or so it seemed to have run its course and that was that. I don’t know if that happens in general or peculiar to this area. It also seems if even a hint of bias in favor of trans women exists, the trans men will stay away. I can’t say that I understand what is going on, but it seems to me that it is something beyond gender identity. It just feels that something fundamental is at work. Perhaps clarity may present itself as you continue your studies.

One factor that is different when comparing trans men to trans women is that, in my estimation, the percentage of passable trans men seems to be much higher than trans women. Maybe there is less of a perceived need for support and camaraderie. Anyway, it is an interesting set of circumstances.

I see what you mean about understanding in terms of your friend. You are looking at different sides if the same coin. Same thing, only different!

Hello Hal,

Welcome to our TransGender Heaven (TGH) site: A Transgender Support Site. We are a wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.

You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.
      Glad you are here. Looking forward to seeing you on the site.
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?