Just had a few questions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

After reading everything I can get my hands on about HRT, two common things I see are, genetics play a part in how you will change, as well as age. What I don’t see is anything more specific. So my questions are:

When they say genetics, does that mean you can take a look at other women in your family to get an idea? Or is it more or less entirely random?

When they talk about age, it is usually “younger” women may change more/ faster than “older” women. But what does that mean? Younger as in around 20? Around 30? Or is that also entirely random?

It seems like nobody knows for sure, but I sort of hoped that by now there would have been more studies taking a look at these things. At the end of the day I know it really doesn’t matter, it’s just my overly analytic mind doing its thing. Any insight y’all may have would be helpful. Thanks!

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Ayla, as for genetics; from what I have seen, other women in you family will play a big part and will provide a good idea for what your physical changes will look like. Is it 100%, no. What percentage it is? Who knows as there too many variables to consider. There may be some studies out there; somewhere…..

As for age, within the legal limits, the younger the better, and probably based on the genetics thing, and what HRT your endo has you on. In my thinking, you and your medical support folks will be the best gauges for what you should, or can, expect. That said, different medical folks will use different research and have different ways of looking and doing things.

Just the way life is I guess. Sometimes you roll the dice, and….. Michelle

My personal genetics are a decided departure from anyone related to me.
      I grew 18″ in 1978, that damage cannot be undone, therefore I will always look like a giant man to any and all who have eyes.
      I accept that as immutable, I comport myself accordingly in my never ending transition.
      20+ years on gender affirming hormones and in my daily work as a maintenance person,300 coworkers refer to me as the maintenance man….if only they knew.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Ayla:

It is very hard to get funding for any sort of surveys, medical studies, mental heath studies, etc. related to transgender people. We are not a high priority for the people who control the money. That is the simple truth of it…

It is the big question…and I one I spend too much time considering. I have waded through so much research and personal testimonies. As you say there is little to be found that has any solid proof or collective agreement.
      Someone on here had asked their doctor how HRT would change their body…not a lot was the reply. As time goes by I’m thinking that too. The list of what it won’t change contains some real disappointments…but that’s just how it is.
      There is another factor, and that is fitness and diet. You can go a long way to getting the body you want with those alone. What hormones increase and feminise is down to your body. The result of the two can make a stunning body…if you put the work in.
      I have 3 sisters and they all look different, some busty others not, none look like my mother and even their height varies…so genetics? I guess but I don’t see how you can predict anything.
      Age? You are the age you are it’s not like you can change it. Work with what you have is my motto.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?