Lauren Michelle saying Hi!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi! I registered earlier today and spent the day going through the site and now I wanted to take a minute and do an introduction of myself (I apologize before hand if I ramble a bit)..

My name is Lauren Michelle or just Lauren (sorry but I do love being called Lauren).  I am a 48 year old MTF woman. I have struggled with my identity all my life (I’m sure I’m not the first)..but after all the years I’m moving forward now with being my true self.  I find I’m happier with myself as I become more accepting of myself as a woman. I used to think it was all about the clothes (the fetish stage for me) but more and more it became less about the clothing (don’t get me wrong I LOVE THE LOOK AND FEEL OF MY GIRL CLOTHES) and more about how I feel internally in my mind and heart as a woman. I look at my self and really don’t like the reflection…it’s just not correct. I even tried the marriage route but that ended as I had no attraction to her (I’m a heterosexual female).

Now while I dressed off and on since I was around 15 I really am a newbie at being a woman and I have not come out to anyone yet.  I know one of my first steps is to find a therapist which hopefully will lead to confirmation of what I already know about myself.  Then on to HRT…where I have done reading upon reading of the effects which are both positive and negative but the positive far outweigh the negative in my eyes.

Whew there’s probably more I could say but I’ve probably rambled on enough for now..

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Terri Anne
      AMBASSADOR

Hello Lauren,

Welcome to our Wonderful, Accepting, Loving, Helpful Community where you can be safe and be yourself.
      The Warmth, Compaasion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.
      You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

Glad you are here,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

======= Here is a link to the MtoF Chat room: ========
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/======== TGH Membership PLANS ===================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/choose-your-plan/#link_acc-1-3-d

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

2 users thanked author for this post.
      DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Lauren:

Happy that you found us! I hope that being here will be useful as your journey progresses.

It is good that you are looking for a therapist. Many here have found this very helpful. However, one thing to point out is not everyone has experience with gender issues. There are many good therapists out there who don’t have that particular background and that makes it more difficult for trans people.

Coming out is not an easy thing to do, but it is something that we all have to come to grips with sooner or later. It is all about telling your story in your words. If you get outed, it is very difficult to do that. Likely, we all go at the process in different ways. It is a matter of what is important to us and the information about our lives that we wish to share. It requires conscious thought in order to do what you need to do. A therapist can help keep one focused on this as it is difficult stuff to think about and can impact so many facets of ones life.

Thanks for completing your Profile page! I have to remind many to do that, but it really is important. It lets people know where things sit for you, what you may struggle with and where you are headed in the future. Remember that the page will always be readily available and can be updated at any time.

We are also able to search for other members near us. Click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

Brielle
      FREE

Hi Lauren! You have come to the right place, GF. There are so many supportive crossdressers and trans gender people here that can lend some counsel and love during your journey. I am just starting my HRT but it seems like it all is what I need to be doing for me. It is very important to find a good, experienced gender therapist so they can help you sort out emotions and concerns, but also to generate the diagnosis that doctors have to see to prescribe the hormones. At least that is how it is in my state (PA).

Hope you find all you need here and enjoy your journey!

Hugs,

Brielle

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome Brielle! I can see by my look around the forums that this is the right place!

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.