- January 27, 2022 at 6:08 am #125476Anonymous
I am not sure if this will attract any attention. I am looking for new ways to find friendships and possible relationships. I am Branwen and live in Rome, New York. I am a trans woman of 71 years of age, young at heart and in great health. I am a poet and an artist. I am still working. I love where I live but find few others to socialize with.
My poetry is at https://medium.com/branwen-drew-my-poetry
My art is at https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/branwen-drew
- January 28, 2022 at 10:33 pm #125501Emily AltUNITY
I grew up in Albany and still visit fairly often. Just got back from a visit about a week ago. Anyway, I know there are quite a few girls in the Capital District. I’ve traded messages with a few and met one on my last trip. If you’re interested in making the drive, maybe a few of us could get together?
Also want to toss a couple of suggestions. First, I suspect Syracuse and Rochester have active communities. It shouldn’t be too hard to find some kindred spirits there. Second, check out crossdresserheaven.com. It’s TGH’s sister site. There’s twice the members and it’s a more active site. There’s a decent chance you might meet someone local.
Hope this helps.
- January 30, 2022 at 4:19 pm #125532DeeAnn HopingsAMBASSADOR
As this is not a dating site, be aware that your post walks a very fine line. Also know that those who will see and respond to your message are a subset of the population, so it will likely be a low percentage shot.
I suggest 2 things:
- Search the member database by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory. That will help you understand who is in your area that you might contact and get a sense of what’s going on.
- With a quick search, I found the Transgender Alliance of CNY and SAGE Upstate. It appears that both are in the Syracuse area, which is about 45 minutes from you. Given how things are these days, I would imagine that ZOOM has replaced in person gatherings for the time being.
To help put this into perspective, when I came out, I was living in Corning, NY which is a lot smaller than Rome. For the year leading up to when I came out, I participated in a monthly crossdresser/transgender social gathering in Rochester (99 miles one way) and a twice a month support group in Geneva (50 miles away). There were no other options, so in order to connect with the community, that’s what I had to do…
- The forum ‘I Declare!’ is closed to new topics and replies.