Marcy for the first time

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hiiii, all you beautiful people!

I’m long overdue to be myself, but have to start somewhere. Years of depression wiped me away, just never felt it would make a difference whether I was male or female, man or woman, dull or bright, there or not, it wouldn’t make me happy. Finally found treatment that worked and, after dealing with a lot of other stuff I’d resigned myself to misery over, am finally ready to transition, to be her, Marcy, me.

Waiting on HRT, which is agony, but make-up, hairstyles, clothes and vocal training are keeping me plenty busy. I’m lucky enough to have found people with experience transitioning, people I lost contact with, reconnecting as women, and new friends, who have been incredible in helping sort through feelings I thought I couldn’t even entertain.

Looking forward to making new friends and sharing experience. Nice to meet you all!

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Well, you found us, and by extension, we found you!?!?

Perhaps 15 miles or so from my house is Cabot’s Pueblo Museum. Many years ago Cabot Yerxa built a 5000 sqft home, in Pueblo style, in Desert Hot Springs, CA. He built it himself from materials he was given and that he scrounged. He’s been dead for many years, but the home that he built is now a museum. But, he painted a small sign that is still hangs by a door:

“There is no place, just like this place, anywhere near this place, so this must be the place.”

I think it applies here also…

Thank you DeeAnn, that’s a beautiful sentiment, I’d love to visit the museum. Never felt as much of an urge to travel as I have since so many of the people I’ve connected with online live in other countries, and even within the UK, my closest friends are those who I met through university, and have since spread out.

Your journey sounds fascinating, from your profile. I also have a somewhat technical background in software development and data analysis. I’d love to hear if you have any experiences navigating tech industries and communities after affirming your gender.

Anonymous

Welcome Marcy. It is good to have you here.

Welcome Marcy. You have come to a great place. Like you, I’ve been there. Also waiting to get HRT started. I’ve only been here for a short time. But, I’ve been welcomed with open arms. All the ladies are wonderful. Big Hugs!!

It’s maddening, ain’t it? I wanted to go down the DIY HRT route and am still waiting to receive my first dose from the other side of the world. Thankfully, in the meantime, my primary doctor has promised to investigate what they can do, without a 30 month waiting list for a Gender Dysphoria Clinic to even begin the process.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, I look forward to hearing how your HRT progresses.

Reiht Aug
          SILVER - ANNUAL

I haven’t started any treatments yet.  Waiting on my medical doctor to reply.  My psychiatrist sent a letter to my family doctor saying he endorses my choice.  Just waiting now, patiently for now. lol

Hi Marcy, nice to meet you!  So happy to hear you found a treatment that’s working for you, and that you have a great support network already in place.

Truly,
      Julie

Hi Julie! Thanks for the warm welcome. The antidepressants were a bizarre experience, gradually increasing the dose over a couple years, one bad depressive episode led to another increase, and suddenly I’m awake. The past decade has been just sleepwalked away, but no more, have to start working toward the things I want out of life.

Support has been amazing, and come from unexpected places, but I’m keenly aware how lucky I’ve been. Hopefully, here, I can extend that hand to others who may not have been so fortunate.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

[postquote quote=90819]

There isn’t much to tell, actually. I came out on October 10, 2015 in front of ~130 people. I was the Mistress of Ceremonies for an annual entertainment event put on by my LGBT employee affinity group. He had hired Ian Harvie, a trans man comedian, to be our entertainment and for me it was a golden opportunity. Later on in the month I was involved in 2 other events, where I was not dressed, but I discussed the entertainment event and closed with a photo of me with Ian Harvie. For that October I came out to ~205 people including my daughter and son, 7-8 close friends and my department manager. I have a photo of me with Ian and I’ll see if I can post that later.

However, the key point is that I retired about 4 months later and I never went to work dressed. Although some of my peers were in the audience, no one ever approached me outside of a couple of training events where I presented the transgender piece.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?