- This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by DeeAnn Hopings.
- March 17, 2023 at 11:03 am #136568cathy davisParticipant
Hello everyone ,I’m Cathy D I’m new here and at CDH ,I think I’m going in the right direction ,hope to meet you all soon Cathy
3 users thanked author for this post.
- March 22, 2023 at 1:39 pm #136714Terri AnneAMBASSADOR
Welcome to our TransGender Heaven (TGH) site: A Transgender Support Site. We are a wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.
You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.
Glad you are here. Looking forward to seeing you on the site.
Terri Anne, Ambassador
============ TGH MtF ChatRoom ============================
=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
- March 20, 2023 at 1:03 pm #136669DeeAnn HopingsAMBASSADOR
Glad to have you with us and I hope that being here will be helpful as your journey continues.
With the goal of meeting people in the community, I suggest a proactive, multifaceted approach:
- Search the member database for members who live in your area. Click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.
- Do a search for transgender resources in you area. I suspect that there are groups as you are part of a major metropolitan area. One of the few upsides to the pandemic is that LGBT centers have been doing social and support groups online. This has alleviated a number of scheduling and logistic issues for people. This may help break the ice for meeting with other groups in person. For many of us, that is quite a hurdle.
- Post on this site.
- Participate in the Chat section.
Putting yourself out there with as many ways possible improves your chances of finding folks in the community to talk to and expands your social circle.
Let us know how it goes!
- March 19, 2023 at 6:48 pm #136643Dana MunsonSILVER
Hi, Cathy! Like the others, I welcome you here and wish you all success on your journey.
An eensy, teensy, wee little, totally well-meaning piece of advice, though: “crossdresser” is a label that some here may not be personally comfortable with. For example, there are a number of ladies here who have more or less completed their transition, both medically and legally. A person who considers themselves a woman and is legally recognized as such is hardly going to think of herself as “crossdressing” when she slips into her bra and panties. I’d even go a little further: if you firmly feel yourself to be a woman and are in the transition process, regardless of where you are in that process, you are not “crossdressing” — you are only claiming something that is yours. (Reverse the pronouns and what I said above applies equally to our female-to-male brothers.)
Again, though – welcome to TGH and best of luck to you!
4 users thanked author for this post.
- March 23, 2023 at 4:13 pm #136728cathy davisSILVER
yes I have understood its not about crossdressing its about being who you understand who you are being female if you can and being a woman that was set long ago in my thoughts ,did want to do anything wrong ,Cathy
- March 23, 2023 at 7:37 pm #136730DeeAnn HopingsAMBASSADOR
Not a problem.
We all must remember that terminology and meanings are very important to us inside the community and those outside of the community who prey on opportunities to twist our words or fabricate words in order to create a non-existent situation, such as “groomers”. Ultimately, the Truth is a powerful weapon in the right hands at an appropriate time…
- March 20, 2023 at 5:48 am #136654Michelle LawsonMANAGING AMBASSADOR
Dana, I like that. Yep, for many of us here at TGH, that is the case. And there are many here, also on CDH, that are searching for that sweet spot that tells them, ‘yes, this is where I belong’. And from that, they being the researching and learning process. And we sure do have a plethora if information here, both on what has been written down in our Forums and Articles, but also from our ‘almost’ real time life experiences that we talk about in chat. Hugs, Michelle
- March 17, 2023 at 8:08 pm #136584Jill LaceyFREE
- March 17, 2023 at 11:13 am #136569EmilyFREE
Hello Cathy, I’m Emily!! Nice to meet you here. Looking forward to more conversation!!
- March 17, 2023 at 11:51 am #136572Helen PerksFREE
Kep Ging Cathy hope you achieve your goal
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.