Metformin in hrt regimen mtf

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I was wondering has anyone taken metformin to help with hrt transition? I was prescribed this recently from my lgbtq+ doctor

Jasmine
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Do you have a blood sugar issue?

<p style=”text-align: center;”>No but i was told it would significantly lower my t levels</p>

I was prescribed Metformin before I started HRT and had a terrible time with side effects. It’s the cheapest treatment for diabetes/hyperglycemia so they always try it first. I told my doc I didn’t want the stomach cramps and nausea. After that I was then motivated to lose the extra weight I gainded over COVID that pushed my sugar and blood pressure up. And, there’s only so much of me that shapewear can hide.

As a type 2 diabetic I have been on metformin for
      10 years. The side effects when are uncomfortable and can be embarrassing. But thing usually settle down. Gabi

I have been on Met. for 9 mo. and had a little problem at first, my Endo. had me take Met. with my HRT because the hormone can slow down your pancreas, that is what I was told.
      thanks
      timmie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?