Mia Story Hoose m2f

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello! already met some interesting people here. I’ve been out for over a decade. My little town in Iowa is very accepting! Never been hassled here. I have lots of friends here, some of them dear. I do not know of any other trans women here, but i hear rumors and sometimes see someone who might be. I wander into town almost everyday and in winter frequent local cafes, and i draw and sip coffee or kava. Everyday i try to speak with someone i have never met before. Everyday i say hello to friends and friendly faces.

I am a graphic artist online. My client is in Florida. I have a dear transsexual friend in Florida struggling with health issues. I have never met her face to face. I helped her through her transition however. and we bonded. She will always hold a place in my heart.

I have a youtube channel with a number of videos of me making a fool of myself if you want to see me in action. I talk about spirit, art, yoga and sometimes i dance, mostly fusion.

I also have a website with lots of my art and some of my graphics work. Art for me is therapy. I sell things occasionally but can’t rely on it for income … yet.

I am retired mostly, over 70 years old. i rather like getting old. a lot less hassle than being young. I think a lot of us will live well beyond 100 years. but i’m not holding my breath!

For me meditation and yoga have been a life saver. without them living would be painful i think. I have no health issues which is a blessing. It would be wonderful to go all my life without major problems!

I did have a little family at one time. my daughter and ex don’t acknowledge me. but my son says he likes me better out.

Like Merlin in King Arthur by disney, I have a ongoing dialog with all the inanimate things around me. I also seem to have a number of spirit friends who are very lively! put all that together with human friends and my life is quite full.

Transition was a roller coaster ride. I felt so awkward at first. I had no one to help me. and I didn’t ask for any help. I just threw myself out there. And i have made awkward mistakes. i seem to have a mild form of ptsd from my past mistakes. Meditation is great for that. I am pretty sure a human being can salvage themselves with meditation and not need to grovel for acceptance doing that.

If anyone is interested in talking i love to converse. just say hello.

Mia

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Mia:

Very happy to have you here! Always great when senior people (that includes me as I’m about a year older) join because I think it serves as an inspiration for younger folks. It gives the sense that living well is indeed possible. That’s important because all of this is uncharted waters.

Anyway, I would encourage you to discuss some things that you learned or surprised you during the course of your transition…

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Mia, your story seems to show you have hit a somewhat sweet spot and found your stride in life. I think more people would realize things are not as bad as the media would have us believe. People in general are a lot more supportive and accommodating if we just let them see that we are really not a threat. We want to live our lives as productively and positively as possible. Once the world sees us in that light, all of the barriers will wither away like a dead vine. Keep up your living a fruitful life. Hugs, Michelle

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.