Mom meeting Lisa for the first time

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

I remember mom meeting Lisa for the first time.She has been there for me and knew I was unhappy about something all my life in the closet.Coming out feeling I was more female than male being transfeminine helped in November of 2019.Mom took it well although I am her only kid she had.It was on January 1st,2020,she met me as Lisa for the first time.Went to her house,knocked on the door and she loved the dark navy dress with black leather heels I wore after opening the door up.We hugged and she had me come in the living room and we talked.Even saw me act feminine too and asked her things about the changes.Said she saw me much happier,doesn’t miss the son she had that was unhappy and I was glad to hear that.Said she has a much happier daughter now and will always love me for who I am.Has been supportive ever since and been getting to know me involved with a support group for parents of trangender kids too giving back helping struggling parents of transgender kids which I am proud of her for.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I am glad your situation is working out well. There are parents out there that just get it. That’s what unconditional love looks like. Sadly there are others who feel that having a trans or gay kid is an indictment of their parenting skills and often that morphs into physical and verbal abuse.

Don’t forget to do something nice for your Mom. She’s earned it!

missyjo
        FREE

DeeAnn

oh my God, we’re you really in my moms as Friday she finally told me why she’s been moping for 2 weeks? she doesn’t know I’m trans but saw my unpainted long nails n earings n worried people would question her parenting, so long ago. I wanted to laugh, cry n say are you f..ing serious  this is about how your friends will perceive you? glad we found the main focal point. laughs

darling you’re amazing. thank you for all you do for us.

hugs

missy

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

Sadly, the “What did I do wrong?” thing is so prevalent. The problem is that people believe that we are all born cisgender and heterosexual, so something has to happen in order to change that.

BS.

I anyone has ever read coming out stories by gay or trans people, a common thread is that they KNEW they were different in some way, compared to their peers. They didn’t understand what is was and had no vocabulary for it, but they KNEW they were not like the other kids.

So, at single digit ages, what could have happened to them?

The answer is NOTHING. They came that way. Think about this. Conversion therapy doesn’t work, so then we ask the question: Why doesn’t it work?

It doesn’t work because you can’t change something that is innate to humans. Several years ago, a group of people who founded, led or worked in ex-gay conversion therapy organizations published an open letter. They realized that the “therapy” doesn’t work and that more harm than good was caused.

https://bornperfect.org/former-ex-gay-leaders/

An excerpt from that text:

”We know first-hand the terrible emotional and spiritual damage it can cause, especially for LGBT youth. We once believed that there was something morally wrong and psychologically “broken” about being LGBT. We know better now. We once believed that sexual orientation or gender identity were somehow chosen or could be changed. We know better now. We once thought it was impossible to embrace our sexual orientation or sexual identity as an intrinsic, healthy part of who we are and who we were created to be. We know better now.”

Anonymous

what a lovely coming out story! Truly brave of you and how wonderfull to hear, that your mom supports you, sending love and support your way.

Best luck in the future 🙂

I was nice to her on Mother’s Day,I wrote a heart felt letter to her thanking her for what she has done for me.She even did something too,I always wanted to get my hair done and found her hair stylist is transgender friendly.Went there myself,mom decided to pay for it.Had permnanent hair extensions put in and styled.I loved it.She likes my plans for next year,breast augmentation in January of next year already scheduled and going to be there for support.I had the trachea shave done in August and love the results

Hi, Lisa!

What a heart warming thing to share with us! I’m so happy for you1

Hugs, Shawna

Diana W
      FREE

What a beautiful story.  And what a wonderful supportive mother.  Thanks for sharing this.

Beautiful story Lisa… ty for sharing…

Your Mom is amazing… give her a big hug for me !!!

Love,

Gen ❤

Hi Lisa. Lovely story. I am smiling. I can only imagine how special it must be to finally be loved by mom as her daughter. To enjoy mom & daughter time together must be life changing.

Your mom seems like a special lady, one from whom you can learn much for your own blossoming womanhood.

Happy for you,

Charlene

Oh my goodness, Lisa, I just read your story and it’s…so touching.

How I wish for such acceptance!  I can only imagine and fantasise…

My mum made some rather trans-unfriendly remarks when I was at dinner with them this evening so I thought…maybe I’ll not share…

Love,

Grace

A very beautiful story well told. For several years my Mum had a really good relationship with Faye. We shopped, met for lunch and she would visit my apartment , many a time when I was out at work I would return to find she had dropped by and tidied up for her ‘Daughter’, not that it was untidy, but the ‘Daughter’ was never going to match her mother.

My brother found out and informed my father, Mum explained she couldn’t meet up anymore, a year later she passed away, my father and brother within three more years.

So Lisa treasure you mum, store the memories and be thankful for all you have with her.

Faye x

missyjo
      FREE

Lisa

ditto, a beautiful story and well told, which some of us envy.

But alas, even though I’m pretty sure my sibling has n would poison moms reception of missy, I am happy for you n others that are more fortunate.

good for you n she both darling

thank you for sharing

hugs to all

missyjo
      FREE

<p style=”text-align: left;”>DeeAnn</p>
      thank you dear

yet we still hope those who said they would love n support us through anything, don’t really mean it when they declare well anything but that…you’re a monster n freak n deserve evil n pain until you repent..it still hurts n someday, it’s hard ti block it out..but you know this, as well as this is part of why we kill ourselves so often.

that’s why Lisa lovely bonding with her mom is soo so touching n lovely. good for them 😀

thank you ladies

hugs

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Stories from the Hearth’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?