My Feminine Voice

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Ladie’s,

Living as a transgender/transsexual woman is not always easy, it requires hard work and we must pay attention to little things that cis-gender woman take for granted. For me, developing and maintaining a consistant, acceptable feminine voice has been very difficult, especially as I’ve gotten older and my male voice has become deeper. Even with Voice Feminization Lessons and a lot of practice, I am never really satisfied with the voice I hear when I’m speaking, even with compliments from those around me. I always hear a falsetto voice in my head when I should be hearing a feminine voice. I realize that there are plenty of deep voiced cis gender woman out there but there’s a big difference in a male voice compared to a deep female voice and we want to present ourselves as we see ourselves. Right!?? So, what’s your opinion on this subject?? Does anyone else struggle with their feminine voice or are you one of the lucky ones who naturally have a higher voice.

Breanna, actually your bone structure affects how your voice sounds to you in your head, giving you a false sense of bass.Β  You should be recording your voice (use your smartphone) and replay it back to yourself to get a true sense of what you sound like to others. Β  I’ve attached a link that talks about this.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20130913-why-we-hate-hearing-our-own-voice<u></u>

If the link doesn’t work, just google “why does my recorded voice sound different to me”

You might be surprised to hear how you actually sound and probably are more femme sounding than you give yourself credit for.

Anne, Much Thanks for your reply and information!! And yes, I have recorded my female voice many times yet naturally, what I hear on a recording always differs from what I hear in my head when speaking. Also, by the end of the day, my voice deepens when I have talked a lot or become tired. Personally, I am far from the perfect femme and I have learned to accept myself for what I am. Of course I would LOVE to look cute and pretty like so many of the younger girls do, but that’s not my reality but I do want my voice to sound reasonably feminine. It’s important to me that my voice sound female as I live as a female and eventually be transitioning.

I use an app called . “Voice Analyst” to record and analyze my voice and even to listen myself for repeating what works for reinforcement.Β  Having someone to practice with also helps with enforcement.Β  practice practice practice.

yes,,, this is tough!! I to would love to sound feminineΒ so I am going to start once again to practice, practice!! So in the mean time,, hang in there KaraΒ 

I’ve always been lucky with the vocals and am almost always called β€œma’am” on the phone. I’ve even had my parents think a woman picked up the phone when they call me. I get a smile every time it happens.

I hope that if I do ever decide to transition that it will be one of the easier aspects for me.

Lauren Mugnaia
      AMBASSADOR

I started to take seriously practicing speaking in my feminine voice when I realized I was going to be transitioning while at my workplace. I record myself on my phone and there’s been quite a difference, a big improvement, when I compare what I recorded this morning to how I sounded six weeks ago. So never give up girls, as the old saying goes, “practice makes perfect.”

Love,

Lauren M

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Stories from the Hearth’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?