My introduction

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,I am Heidi and I’m a post op transsexual.As a young boy looking in the mirror,I never saw myself as a typical boy and struggled with it.My dad saw something wasn’t right at all including my mom.I didn’t want to come out at first feeling scared to death.It was finally during my sophomore year of high school I did come out finally.My parents were proud of me coming out finally,they knew the next step was and it was get help for me.Good thing is the high school consoler knew about a great gender therapist that listened to me.I started my transition when I was 16 and had my SRS when I was 18.My parents don’t miss the oldest son they had,now having a happy daughter in their life to this day.My two younger brothers,it took them time to accept I was this way.See me as their older sister.Happily married to my husband James whom loves and accepts me for who I am.

Anonymous

Hi Heidi, so glad to meet you!

Alesha

My parents knew what would of happened if I didn’t transition,a funeral planned.I came close to commiting suicide before I came out

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Heidi Jens.

Welcome Heidi! I am glad that there is a happy ending and it didn’t take a turn for the worst. I didn’t have innate gender dysphoria when growing up. I have an idea what it must feel like, but since I never really experienced it, I will never truly know. The journey is always unique but the destination is the same, we found our true selves and living the life we were meant to live.

Anonymous

Hi, Heidi.  Welcome to TGH.

[postquote quote=83316][/postquote]
      This gender therapist saw signs I was hurting inside too.I am glad I have my current husband in my life too.It wasn’t difficult when I came out to him as a post op MTF transsexual when we first started dating.Told me the kinds words and said I am now living the life I see myself as to this day

Wow! I am really happy to hear that. It is also awesome that your parents have been very supportive in getting the help you needed and getting your transition started. Thank you for sharing your story.

[postquote quote=83328][/postquote]
      Teachers were concerned about me too and they brought it up to my parents.Did have to work things at school as well so we were on the same page

It’s nice that even your teachers showed enough care to say something too. Hopefully, one day, everyone can be like that. It is heartwarming to see that.

[postquote quote=83343][/postquote]
      They cared about me a lot and still in my life.Did thank them too for they did for me as well

I wish I would’ve been so brave when I was that age. It was a different time when I was that young and parents/everyone thought something was wrong with you.

From being on some transgender Discord servers, I noticed that a lot of them are predominately younger. It is nice that society has changed to the point where kids growing up that discover that they are transgendered can get the help they need. A lot of older people weren’t so fortunate growing up.

Hi, Heidi! What an amazing time we live in! As previously declared by the wonderful Christina, it is very heartwarming to know that there are people out there willing to help. Thank you for sharing that (and making me cry tears of joy lol).

xoxo,

Nikki

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?