My Take: HRT, Emotions, and Mood Swings

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Like the subject says, this is my take on this, your ‘mileage may differ’.I have been thinking this weekend; is it the HRT that drives the emotions, or is it the environment that drives the emotions, or is it a combination of both…. I settled on the last onoe, and here is my thinking. So, females are the more emotional of the species, and estrogen is our primary hormone. Ergo, estrogen makes you more emotional.

When I started my injections, I started to notice hills and valleys in my moods. So I started to focus on them, and when they occurred. I found I was seeing a bit of a sinusoidal wave in my weekly emotional state. But then I thought, is that because of the hormones, or my environment?

And last night, I started thinking of the combination of hormones and environment. And I came up with this; the hormones make us more susceptible to emotions, and that would mean changes in our environment might be magnified based on our hormones levels being higher.

Once I started placing that over things that have happened recently, it helped me explain a lot of things. And, I can now use that to help me navigate things better in the future, and be on the lookout for trouble spots.

Self analysis, and introspection can go a long way to helping you be the person you want to be, and other’s to know and appreciate. And this was my little attempt to help do that. Hugs, Michelle

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

While I have no personal experience, it has been fascinating to learn about the responses of others. For some the anxiety mellows right out. For others their depression lifts to some degree. The responses seem to be all over the place, but generally quite favorable. That’s what I find interesting…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘The Emotional Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?