My transition

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

My transition,it was the best option for me.I went through a rough time in my life.Was about 6 years old knowing something was wrong with me,felt I was born with the wrong body living a horrible life.Teased and picked on as a child called names a lot.Middle school,bullied a lot trying to fit in as male.High school years,I somehow overcame the feelings and did fit in.After high school,went in the Marines serving 8 years.It was the last 2 years in the Marines,the feelings started to come back and overcame it again.After I got out of the Marines,I lived my life as a normal male thinking it was over.Then 3 years ago,I could not live my life as male and decided to come out.First person I came out to was my mom,it was very hard for her.I gave her time and she realized I lived a horrible childhood.She decided to accept it and jumped on the wagon for supporting me.Next was my wife,she knew there was something wrong.Said we are going to stay together as a family,we have 3 sons together.My sons,it was not easy at first for them.Wife did find a great therapist for them that helped them out.It got better and see I am still their dad now happy as a woman.I was diagnosed with gender dysphoria and decided to transition.My transition went good going on the estrogen and male hormone blockers.Even had the FFS,trachea shave and breast augmentation.Exciting part was hearing I was approved for the gender corrective surgery last year.Knew I wanted to have this done.It was in April I had this done,made it through.Mom was there for support,she was tearing up saying goodbye to a son for the last timeย before I was rolled into the operating room.She was nervous until the doctor came out after it was all done.Said everything went great.Decided to see me the next day and it was emotional.Called me her reborn daughter.I don’t regret this and I live a better life now.Adjusting very well to the new changes.

That which does not destroy us makes us stronger comes to mind, Korey.ย  I’m so happy you have family and mom behind you.ย  A support network is so vital as I’m finding out.ย  Thank you for sharing your story with us.ย  I’m sure there a many small stories to go along with it and I look forward to hearing more about YOU.

Hugs, Cloe

Hi Korey! Thank you so much for sharing your background. Your story was sad at first but has a terrific ending (for now). So….a jar head huh!ย  Where did you serve? I was a medic, rotor head in the 1st Cavalry in Vietnam, got to see it , Cambodia, Laos.Thailand in my 3 tours. Get to assist the Marines several times. Was involved with MACV SOG as well as Air America.

I do hope all continues to improve for you and your family and also look forward to learning and chatting with you. My door is always open….,come on in!

Dame Veronica

Includes the legal name changes on my driver’s license,birth certificate.Was glad to see Korey Michelle and female on them both.Plus I had support from other transgendered veterans hearing their stories what they went through.It is going to be special next year when I turn 40,going celebrate as Korey all the way.

[quote quote=2466]Hi Korey! Thank you so much for sharing your background. Your story was sad at first but has a terrific ending (for now). Soโ€ฆ.a jar head huh! Where did you serve? I was a medic, rotor head in the 1st Cavalry in Vietnam, got to see it , Cambodia, Laos.Thailand in my 3 tours. Get to assist the Marines several times. Was involved with MACV SOG as well as Air America.

I do hope all continues to improve for you and your family and also look forward to learning and chatting with you. My door is always openโ€ฆ.,come on in!

Dame Veronica

[/quote]
      I was in Germany for 4 years and back in the states in the other 4 years

Anonymous

How did things go with your wife? I face this now and it is truly my only fear going forward. I am sixty and my goals at this point are to be true to myself and hormonally feminize ( been having some surprizing results from the mental change!). I have health issues and at sixty surgery is not part of my goals.

Your story reads like a fantasy for me were I younger and healthier. Fully fem. are you still with your wife? How is she handling your changes? ย My biggest fears lie in hurting my partner or god forbid losing her. I am praying since she has had a lesbian relationship in the past she will be open to ours morphing into one. Our love life has manifested thatโ€™s way for years now since my heart issue. Largely it will be the social aspects of living in a small red town and the visual change of looking at me and seeing the woman I have kept inside and she acknowledged is what makes me who she loves. ย Am I dreaming to think we can survive my change?

[quote quote=2493]How did things go with your wife? I face this now and it is truly my only fear going forward. I am sixty and my goals at this point are to be true to myself and hormonally feminize ( been having some surprizing results from the mental change!). I have health issues and at sixty surgery is not part of my goals.

Your story reads like a fantasy for me were I younger and healthier. Fully fem. are you still with your wife? How is she handling your changes? My biggest fears lie in hurting my partner or god forbid losing her. I am praying since she has had a lesbian relationship in the past she will be open to ours morphing into one. Our love life has manifested thatโ€™s way for years now since my heart issue. Largely it will be the social aspects of living in a small red town and the visual change of looking at me and seeing the woman I have kept inside and she acknowledged is what makes me who she loves. Am I dreaming to think we can survive my change?

[/quote]
      Still with me,said she will always love me

Anonymous

Oh! Thank you soooo much for your story! It truly is my only fear going forward. To hear that love can conquer this is giving me strength and hope I desperately need right now. The thought of going forward without my wife is as bad as not going forward with my transition. Blessings and BIGLOVE to you and your wife from little me

Hi Korey,

Wow! Your story could be my story. Except I went into USAF and 2 wives who would not have understood what we all go through on the inside. I am on wife 3 but she will be with me no matter what I choose to do. I am so happy for you to have the support of your family. I dream of what it would be like to be a woman, to have moved past the surgeries and hormone therapy and counseling. I have so much yet to do to get there. I am still unsure if I really want to physically transition or just outward appearance dressing ……. I have support from my wife but the rest is so scary. My children and grandchildren, friends, and my 2 younger brothers. Your courage is a beacon in my night which I traverse to find where I fit in the world as it is. Everyone who has transitioned from drab to fab has become more beautiful than before not just physical but mind and soul too. I can only hope I will have the courage to face my fears and the unknown abyss before me. Thank you for your story of love and acceptance. Time will tell how life goes for me it is a blessing to have both sites for moral support, thank you so much. TTFN๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ‘ 

Danielle

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real Life Transition Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.

ยฉ2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?