My two year tranniversary: the journey so far…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

(Just to put the following story into context; this weekend is my 2 year anniversary from when I decided I was going to transition and live full time as the woman I feel I was meant to be.

I have a pedometer on my smartphone: it measures how far I walk each day; I try and do more than 6000 steps when I can).

The other day; I sat down and looked back at my 2 year journey and I cried. I could still see the point where I started from: cold, dark and where the sun never shone. It felt like I could run back there within a few minutes; that in those 2 years I hadn’t really come that far after all.

Then I remembered that if I tried to run back, I would fall to my death. My upward journey to fullfilment and happiness (like everyone elses) never has been straightforward. It twists and turns with hairpin bends; there have been rock falls, avalanches, fallen trees and even the odd grizzly bear along my route. I have come through all of these. Yes, it hurt getting past them but I’m pausing on my journey.

Looking up the mountainside to see where I want to be. Lush green pastures shimmering with colourful flowers and where the butterflies dance over the grass in the bright sunshine. On my good days, it doesn’t feel all that far away. As I raise my eyes from the abyss whence I came, a lark rises from my feet and pours forth it’s encouraging song; filling my femme soul with joy.

My path is still stony, there will be many more hazards to face but I can see my goal clearly now.

If only my pedometer could measure the steps I have taken on this emotional journey! I may still be able to see my start point but the number of steps I’ve taken measures in the millions.

Love and hugs to all my sisters xxxxxxx

From Melanie.

Dawn
      FREE

Happy Anniversary Melanie! It is a joy to meet you on the path.

Dawn

Thanks Dawn, it’s always great to meet a fellow traveller on what you at first think to be a lonely path. It’s wonderful to realise I am not alone and the journey is only improved by having someone to talk to.

Love and hugs from Mel. Xx

Millions of steps in the journey that takes a lifetime.Β  When you get to that high pasture it will have its own adventure of discovery.Β  That is what I strive for.Β  I hope to see you there.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Emotional Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?