Need advice on minimizing scars

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone. I need a little advice on the process of massaging my surgical scars. I had bottom surgery about four months ago and am thrilled with the results. At my 6 week follow up with my surgeon, he advised it was time to start massaging my surgical scars twice a day with a scar cream. My question is how long am I supposed to massage each time? Currently, I massage long enough to thoroughly work the cream in, probably not more than a minute for each of the two scars. What’s your experience/advice and how successful has it been in minimizing the scars?

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Diedra, if i may be so bold; I have two very good friends that have recently had their bottom surgery. You can find them a lot of times in the Chatroom. Tia and Joanna. They have a wealth on knowledge, and they love to help others. So pop into chat and look them up. And feel free to let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. Hugs, Michelle

Scars are the most difficult kind of tissue to change.

One of my employers used to let his dog trample me everyday. My arms would bleed and he would ask what was wrong with me. This left much scarring on my arms.

I still have some, but over several years I have been able to improve them markedly by using abrasive hair removal pads. Essentially using a crude macro-dermabrasion technique.

I am sure that this technique could be combined with others, such as topicals (vitamin c serum?), to provide a slow, but persistent solution.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?