New and saying Hi.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone,

I’m Alexandria, i’m 51 and have know all my life i was QUEER, but growing up in small town alberta, wasn’t the easiest. I am also a disable person, able bodied. So i came out as gay to my friend’s in my early 20’s but i was never able to open up about being trans and even struggle to be openly gay after moving to Edmonton. So i started my career, which was super masculine field, but i loved the work and i was really good at it. And the more i grew in my career the more i had to lose by coming out. But 20+ years in my health started to become a issue and i ultimately had to retire for health reasons, which just deepened the whole of repression denial i was in. Until November of 2022 i finally spoke openly to my family doctor about transitioning. And as of January of this year i am living openly as Alexandria, and have a referral to the gender clinic. My hope full medical transition, but i am keeping expectations in check as much as possible.

Thanks for listening.

Alex

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Alexandria:

You found us! Very Good!

I think your approach about keeping your expectations reigned in may prove to be very helpful. It isn’t good to have very high expectations, only to have some unforeseen problem crop up and cause a major issue or delay. I think if we keep ourselves in better shape, we improve our chances of dealing with issues when they happen to occur.

Have you been able to make contact with the trans community in Edmonton? It is always helpful to spent time with others in the community.

Thanks for working on your Profile page! It really helps other members understand what’s going on for you. With that understanding, they can offer suggestions or share information.

yep, just go slow and steady. Not sure if Alta. covers the cost of GRS or not. Here in Ontario it is covered. Good luck.

Thank you LADIES, i appreciate the advice. And for many reasons i do need to make friends and rebuild a social circle.

Hi, Alexandria!

It’s very important that you are taking the steps to feel better with yourself.

It’s sure hard to “restart” your life after coming out as trans. For some people, it can be less harsh, specialy if they already have progressive friends, but for others, it can be a real challenge.

Regardless of which is your case, there are tons of people out there to interact and that can make your journey better.

Hope your transition turns out good!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?