New here and i think i forgot to introduce me

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Istvan Szabo
      SILVER

Hello

i am new here and at the start of my journey. Reading one of the threads i signed up for transgender counseling. Waiting to get an appointment, possibly not anymore this month.

I have not decided of a name yet so i am still Stefan. I hope i can make friends here

I am Stephen and go by Stephanie and that may be an idea πŸ’ƒπŸΏ

Istvan Szabo
        SILVER

sound good, the simplest approach are the best. So i am Stefania.

Lir
          FREE

Nice to meet you Stefania!

I hope you like it here and that you meet many new people! πŸ™‚

Stefania Merry Christmas and let me know how the LGBTQ meeting goesπŸ’‹πŸ’ƒπŸΏπŸŒˆ

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Stefania:

You found us! Very good!

Names are funny things and there are MANY different thought processes behind what we do. As is true for so many things, there isn’t one road to town. It also implies that there is no β€œright” way and no”wrong” way.

As an example, I’ll share my thought process. Legally I am Donald. I have no interest in putting the effort into changing my documentation. For me, it just isn’t worth it. Anyway, that’s a discussion for another time.

So, for most people, Donna would seem logical but for some reason that never appealed to me. On the other hand, I did want a name that started with β€œD”. Hmmm. I thought about this for several weeks and finally inspiration struck. I’ve been a big motorsports fan since I was a child. My interest spans MANY different disciplines on ovals, permanent and temporary road circuits, dirt and pavement. If you name a touring series that runs in the US over the past 60 years, I’ve probably seen it somewhere.

What I remembered is that Mario Andretti’s wife was Dee Ann. β€œWas” in that she sadly passed away a few years ago. I took the space out as a way to discourage shortening it to β€œDee”, but that has not been entirely successful.

Anyway, it is entirely subjective and not unlike why we like a particular article of clothing or a color or a pattern. There is no β€œwhy”, I think. It just β€œis”.

Is there a local trans community, and if so, are you connected to it? It is very easy for us to isolated and separated from other trans people. That isn’t a good thing. So, I would encourage you see what you can find. Here in the US, many LGBT centers have taken to doing online support and social groups. This is one of the few positive results from the pandemic and is a great help for those who don’t live close to a metropolitan area or have scheduling or transportation issues.

You can search for other members in your area by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

I also encourage you to complete your Profile page. It helps other members to understand your situation and will always be readily available if you need to update it.

Istvan Szabo
        SILVER

Thanks for your kind words. I have contacted a LBGT group with Transgender women. The next get night out is on the 20th Jan and i informed them that i join.

So very excited to meet new friends

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

Great opportunity to do lots of listening…

Hello Stefania.

Welcome to our wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.

You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

============ TGH MtF ChatRoom ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

Glad you are here. Looking forward to seeing you on the site.
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?