Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I’m Barbara and I’m just beginning my journey of exploration into what I feel is my true gender. I’ve struggled with these feelings for years, and at age 71, I don’t care anymore. I want to express who I truly feel I am. I am married and my wife is supportive of my effort.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Barbara:

Glad you found us! I hope that joining will continue to be a helpful experience for you.

We are contemporaries in that I am 72. I am also fortunate in that my wife is supportive of what I need to do. However, that is where we get to the:

“Same Thing…Only Different” part.

My social transition is virtually complete, but I have no plans for a physical transition. I am fortunate in that I’ve never felt that I was in the wrong body, but what I came to realize was that my thinking, my likes/dislikes and perspectives have always been an amalgam of male and female. When I hit upon that, it explained a lot for me. For all of the boards and steering  committees on which I sit and the club memberships I hold, DeeAnn is the person of record. Very few people have even met Don. It isn’t that Don does not exist, it is that he rarely makes an appearance. The most recent times were back in February and March when we got our vaccines. I didn’t want people fretting over the fact the my driver’s license said Don and I was presenting as DeeAnn.

I think we are both fortunate in that our wives have decided to deal with this new reality. Many don’t, or won’t, because they may prioritize the happiness of their partner in a different way. Clearly it can be a minefield and some have chosen to navigate it with us.

I encourage you to complete your Profile page. It helps other members get to know you and understand your journey. You can also update it at any time when something changes.

And finally, just out of curiosity, does your journalism and authoring work have a particular focus?

Thank you for that warm message, DeeAnn. I will follow your suggestion about my profile. To answer your question, as a journalist, I still write for the newspaper I was employed at for many years, covering a local county commission and other assorted things county-related.

As an author, Jon Dalton writes in the mystery/thriller genre, while Haley Jordan writes sweet romances along the lines of Hallmark Channel movies. Haley is just now branching out with her first cozy mystery incorporating my hobby of cross stittching.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

Barbara:

The reason that I asked about your professional interests is that I’m always fascinated about us as a group. It confirms that idea that we are Everywhere and doing Everything. Our detractors like to think that we showed up yesterday and are just a bunch of whacked crazies. The reality is that we’ve been around forever and are as sane and human as anyone else (and perhaps more so), but it reflects how we are demonized.

Continued success in your efforts!

Anonymous

Nice to meet you, Barbara.  Welcome.

Yes I feel the same way at 63 and knowing life is short and said screw it , who cares , I’m much happier now being legally female and physically female ( what I always wanted since 5 ) everybody is different , does it matter if there’s one more girl in the world – I think not – most don’t give a damn except your true self – XO – Krystal , BC , Canada

Thank you, Krystal. That’s exactly how I’m feeling. Screw it, I want to be happy with myself.

Hi Barbara,

I am so very sorry for the error of my last post here.

The correction is below.

==========================

Welcome to our wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.

You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

======== TGH Membership PLANS ===================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/choose-your-plan/#link_acc-1-3-d

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

Regards,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

[postquote quote=109952]
      Welcome dear! I am so glad that I have another mature lady to be friends with in this group! I am just beginning my journey so can’t offer you any advice but if you ever need a friend, I am a wonderful friend

Love

Kimmi

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?