New shy girl

• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello. I’m Emma and very new not only to the site, but to thus new life as well. I have always felt…strange in this body and could never figure out why.  Until I found an amazing group of individuals who helped me realize that I am a woman. Im terrified,  especially since I live in a part of the country who is not very supportive of LGBTQ,  so its one step at a time for me. I am also thrilled and so happy to be the person I really am! I look forward to meeting you all!

Anonymous

Welcome, Emma.  It’s nice to meet you.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Emma:

The first thing is know that you are among friends. Many of us have been in exactly the same situation that you describe and that makes it easy to empathize. There are so many trans folks who live in isolated environments and don’t really have a sense of the community, so it is a great thing when they show up here.

In 2016 the Williams Institute at UCLA published a major study regarding figuring out how many trans people there are in the US. What they determined is that we represent about .6% of the population. That turns out to be about 2,000,000 people in rough numbers. Sometimes you will see 1,400,000 which I believe is adults and the difference between the 2 numbers being young people. The thing is, we are everywhere.

When I’ve done informational tables at events, a number of people have told me that they had never met a trans person before. Given the numbers, I suspect that they have but they didn’t know it.

Anyway, it is a very welcoming community. We work hard to keep negative influences out and that’s one of the things that makes this a good environment.

When you have a chance, please fill out your Profile page as best you can. It is really helpful for other members to get a sense of your journey.

Very new.Always felt like I was a girl from an early age.I’m 55 am I too old.Need help and advice.

Sarah.

Cassie Grey
        BRONZE

<p style=”text-align: left;”>No Sarah your not to old to be yourself.</p>

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

Sarah:

I think you will settle in very quickly. There are over 1,000 registered members here from the UK. If you click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory you can begin to search.

I suggest that you also do an introductory post and complete your Profile page. Both will help members understand you better and where you want your journey to go.

Anonymous

Hey Emma,

I am the Hipster, and I’m coming to you live from the USA and I must say just give it a little time, and you will no longer be shy on here.

I’m the old school hippie and like to say. May you find peace, love and happiness, because here you are among friends.

Hippie

Hi Emma!

I’m also a Transgender Woman and very new to this life and this site! So I’d say we’re quite similar 🙂 I don’t know about you but I have had a lot of trouble feeling feminine recently especially with the pandemic so that’s part of the reason I’m on this site to hopefully find that somehow 🙂 Nice to meet you!

Sophie

Anonymous

Hi Emma and a really big welcome. You’ll find lots of friends here… people just like you. We’re all at different stages of the journey ; finding ourselves, knowIng ourselves, sharing ourselves with the world.

Really happy to meet you and greet you as the beautiful woman you know you are xxx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?