New to TGH, came from CDH

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello, folks!

A while back I was on CDH, then life got hectic for a few months. In that hectic time I made peace with being genderfluid/NB trans.

I’m a 46-year-old living in Vancouver, Canada. I’m out (as GF) to my wife and select friends, and have taken the first steps to being out at work. The rest will come in time!

It would be great to connect with you all, and especially other folks here in Vancouver!

xo, Emma

Anonymous

Hi Emma Glad to meet you.

Alesha

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

[postquote quote=83491][/postquote]

Hi:

How does that work as far as your employer goes? I’m retired now, but my employer had a policy that was very tolerant of trans people. If you were in the process of transitioning, there was not problem. However, you couldn’t go back and forth in terms of presentation…

Anonymous

Hi DeeAnn,

I am not restricted in my wardrobe or presentation, but that is due in part to working from home 99% of the time (literally — 1-2 days in the office per year). My employer is extremely tolerant and interested in the best health and welfare of the employees, and discussion and disclosure and proper use of pronouns, respecting peoples’ identities, etc. are considered important by them. As a bonus, my direct supervisor is someone I have come to trust a lot, and there’s mututal support there for other things, so I’m in a very lucky position.

If I were to go to a conference or similar, I believe they would be fine with whatever presentation I had, so long as I basically fit in and didn’t cause a disturbance. (So no ball gowns or ripped jeans.)

That being said, I would probably present as male at a conference at this point, as I’m just not comfortable enough in public to do anything else yet.

xo, Emma

Anonymous

Hi Alesha,

Nice to meet you as well! Thanks for the welcome. How’s your day so far?

xo, Emma

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I think what you said is a good strategy if you decide to dress for company or professionally related events. There will be attention enough otherwise.

As far as transitioning in place goes, I suggest looking up Dr. Margaret Stumpp. She was the first person to come out as transgender at Prudential Financial, Inc. She was a senior VP at the time and continued in that position after transition. I don’t know if she is still at prudential as she may have retired by now.

Anonymous

That’s excellent advice — thank you! I didn’t know about her story, but will definitely be reading about it now.

Cheers!

Emma

Anonymous

Nice to meet you, Emma.  Welcome to TGH.

Anonymous

Thank you for the warm welcome, Stephanie!

xo, Emma

Hi my Name is Heidi I live in Des Moines Iowa im 33 years old

I’m new here but been on CDH for a little while im in process male to female.

Seren
      FREE

Hey Emma, welcome 👋 another CDH ‘graduate’ here

Seraphina xx

Anonymous

Thank you, Seraphina! Happy to be your friend here!

xo, Emma

Stacy Ann
      SILVER

Welcome, Emma!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?