New To Transgender Heaven

• Creator
    Topic
    Alana Neu
    Participant

NeuMe NeuYew

I Would love to start this by saying I’m young and carefree and have zero issues with anything, but that would be hiding so many issues and life choices from the start.

The simple answer would be to ask me for an explanation and I will tell you more if you need to know.

I’m in my early 40’s

I look and act a lot younger than my age says I should.

I was a late bloomer and respectively a late transitioner as I’ve had a lot holding me back over the years.

I’m a parent to a fantastic son ( I like the term Maddi oppose to mummy or daddy) although this is yet to be addressed as I am very much not out in the open and still in the process of transitioning and learning more about myself before I unveil before others, I’m very anxious and for this reason I’m taking my time and making very cautious decisions as to not cause emotional harm towards him at such a young age.

I’m separated, and although I’m a transgender Female, I’m still very much attracted to Females and other Transgender Females (Does that Make me Transgender Queer? I’d love to know the terms for this) i have dabbled in the past although I’m not sure what that means in terms of sexuality, I’m here for gender reasons and to learn to be more accepting of myself above all else.

I’ve Told my doctors, although I’m still awaiting contact from the gender clinic in the north east (GiC?).

I’m here to make friends, hopefully meet new people, new groups, new ways to be sociable, and for acceptance, if anyone can help advise me of the above i’d be very grateful.

Hi all

x

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hey Alana,

Welcome to the site! It is great to meet others whose situation is similar to mine! I am so happy that you decided to join this site. It will be great to connect.

Love,

Hannah

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Alana Neu
        FREE

Hey Alana,

Welcome to the site! It is great to meet others whose situation is similar to mine! I am so happy that you decided to join this site. It will be great to connect.

Love,

Hannah

Hey Hannah,

Lovely to meet you too and thank you for the warm welcome and friend request too, 😍 it feels very welcoming to feel welcomed like this, I have to admit since joining I feel extremely flattered and exited by all this.

Thank you each and every one of you!!

Alana x

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Alana:

Regarding terms…

Trans people can have any of the sexualities that cis people do. So, with your target gender being female, if you are attracted to other women, then your identification is lesbian. There’s nothing mysterious about it.

As I understand, the term transvestite is common in the UK, but it has fallen out of favor here. Not sure why, but it would take a bit of research to understand that.

Regarding resources, have you done a search for LGBT Resources in your area? Here in the US, a number of LGBT Centers offer therapy services, help with navigating the health care system, etc. Hopefully it is similar where you are, but often it is a difficult proposition if people live in smaller towns away from metropolitan areas.

Please complete your Profile page when you have a chance. It is a real help for others to understand how you are doing, what’s going well and where you may struggle. The page can also be updated at any time if something changes.

Alana Neu
        FREE

Hi DeeAnn,

Over here, I’m pretty sure the term Transvestitism is often more along the line of being a cross dresser or a drag queen.

I am very much MTF Transgender, I’ve had thoughts about transitioning I was 3, which wasn’t accepted by my family, I had thoughts during my teens, even to the point I would steal my mother’s hormone patches after she had a historectomy.

I ended up in hospital, and I had to stop for reasons I won’t go into but it was buried away and hidden deep inside for a long time then started to resurface again a few years ago.

Ive always known yet during my teen and young adult years I’ve always persuaded myself it was just a phase, now I’ve had time to think I know it’s not, it’s the real me who I’ve been hiding behind a false persona just to be accepted.

Alana

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

Agreed. The term transvestite meant essentially the same here, but it is really not used here anymore.

However, for me, I always get a kick out of it when Eddie Izzard called the persona from the stage act as an “Executive Transvestite”. Definitely a snappy dresser!

Also, thanks for completing your Profile page!

Alana Neu
            FREE

Agreed. The term transvestite meant essentially the same here, but it is really not used here anymore.

However, for me, I always get a kick out of it when Eddie Izzard called the persona from the stage act as an “Executive Transvestite”. Definitely a snappy dresser!

Also, thanks for completing your Profile page!

I see it more as a sexual term really, more for people who enjoy the sexual appeal which is a lot more subtle to how I feel inside.

Of course we have celebrity’s Dame Edna, as you said Eddie Izzard, even Rocky Horror as a prime example of honourary TS that made TS fashionable. But yet again all of which were very much sex appeal based and not gender based.

Whilst I enjoy what they have done to help LGBTV…ETC (So many letters these days) I also think the public has also been a little misled as to what they think about when it comes to people with gender related conditions.

(My personal opinion, please don’t shoot me 🥺)

Alana x

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

Except…

Definitions only speak to wearing the clothing of the opposite sex. Sex, as an act or concept, isn’t part of it…

Alana Neu
            FREE

I know that, you know that, but try tell some CiS Gendered people that, next thing you know, you’re being told how immoral and wrong you are, despite multiple genres existing well before modern day society.

Without such views present today, we wouldn’t need this site, these chat rooms, these forums, protests, pride or LGBT, we would just exist and be accepted for who we are as part of modern life without the stigma, I just hope It’s within my lifetime that past thinking is reintroduced. More so that I and others on this site can transition without fear. Xx

hi i just started on this site i am 35 mtf just notice your new too well i am some what close to your age. I started about a year ago. All i can say it feels great to finally be myself.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Alana Neu
        FREE

Hey Rachel,

Newbie Sister’s the I love it, 😍 hello and welcome ☺️ feels good to not be starting fresh alone, how are you finding things so far?

Personally there’s Soooo much info, I don’t even know where to start 🤔

How about you?

Alana

Alana Neu
      FREE

Hey Michelle,

Thank you for your welcoming post, I will admit I did at first crash and scream and become a bit of a drama queen. I’m a bit more settled now, especially now I’ve settled on a name I love. I also think that as much as lockdown has effected everyone differently it’s given me a chance to take in how I feel about myself and how I’d like to continue.

I’ve been a bit busy since my first post so I haven’t had chance to peruse the site yet although I plan to at some point, maybe give the chat a go too.

I did look at the map, nothing much north easterly in u.k unless I need marks and Spencers though which is s bit disappointing, I thought things would be more diverse 🤷🏼‍♀️.

Anyways, lovely to meet you

Alana

Michelle Larsen
      AMBASSADOR

Alana, it is nice to see someone write up so much in their bio. That goes a long way in helping others be able to start to know you, and for you to know yourself better. I like the term ‘Maddi’. I use that for me as well, given that I’m am certainly doing both roles. I’m 65, retired, have a 41 year old daughter, and two boys still in grade school.

Yes, taking it slow and steady will help not only you, but your son as well. Too many throw open the door and rush in like gang busters, and then all too quickly regret that decision.

As for who you are attracted to, and if it fits you in this label or that label; no, it just makes you human.

But, welcome to our neck of the world. I do hope you are getting situated and seeing all there is here. Please let me know if you have any questions. Either I, or someone else, will make sure we reply back. I do so hope you will join us in the Chatroom. I enjoy chatting there a lot. If you look in Social -> Member Directory, you can search for other people that may be near by. Or under Places -> Local Places, you can search for all sorts of things that may be near you. Hope to see you chatting soon. Oh, and don’t forget about digging through the Articles and Forums. Loads of information there. Hugs, Michelle

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.