Old domestic femme

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello I am Gemme. I am a domestic femme in transition for the last two years. I joined to girl talk about being an older transperson ( I am sixty two) and negotiating the social ramifications of late transition as well as health limits to transition for some of us face.
      Blessings

Gemme

Hi, Gemme! I prefer to use the term “seasoned”…lol! (I’m 59). Life is wonderful for women of any age…and I’m happy to meet you!

Hugs, Shawna

I’m soon to be 53. Never too late to live your dreams, or just be YOUR–SELF. The best time to start is today, for that’s all we have is today.

Anonymous

Hello Gemme. I am 64 and started transitioning several years ago. So I understand the issues with us older trans girls. I was able to keep my marriage together for 3 years but it is over now. So I can be myself full time. Scary but looking forward to it.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

71 and 11/12ths…

My social transition is essentially complete, but I have no plans to medically transition. Fortunately I don’t have dysphoria, but what took me a long time to realize is that I have always been this amalgam of male and female energies and sensibilities. That’s why I identify as transgender non-binary.

Since I retired and relocated to the SoCal desert almost 5 years ago, the vast majority of people that I have met here only know DeeAnn. This extends across all of my volunteer, political and social activities. Very few know that Don exists. While I do leave my house as Don on occasion, it is fairly rare and usually due to expediency. Why get dressed, do makeup, etc. for a 20 minute trip to the drugstore? Makeup is expensive and DeeAnn never leaves home without it.

What it feels like is that I have settled into my groove, so to speak. Every now an then I get a bit anxious about going out, but it is usually due to going somewhere or doing something that hasn’t happened before. Typically it involves an extra trip to the bathroom before I go, but once I’m “there”, where ever “there” is, I’m OK.

DeeAnn and Don are essentially the same person. DeeAnn is not a personality that I adopt. The differences are very minor. DeeAnn is more touchy feely, initiates conversation and is sometimes a bit more forward. Not that Don does not do these things, but it comes down to a matter of frequency.

Anyway, I think the main thing is that we do what we need to do!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?