Old T-Girl new to the community

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hey ladies.

nice to be here, nice to meet you no I hope I’m not too ‘vintage’  or too far along in transition to be dismissed as old news.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Heather:

Glad to have you!

I see that you live in California. I live in Cathedral City. We retired and moved here 6 1/2 years ago. What I’ve noticed is that California isn’t as liberal as many think it is. Trans woman Lisa Middleton was elected to Palm Springs City Council in 2017. She was the first trans person in the state to be elected to a non-judicial position. At the end of 2021 she became the mayor of Palm Springs and was the first trans mayor in the state. Took quite a while!

As you have probably noticed, there are pockets that are trans friendly and other places, not so much. It’s just how it is, sadly.

Vintage? Not in the least. I’m 73 and came out publicly 7 years ago. Things will happen when they happen and not before. Before I retired, I had never been involved in politics, civic organizations or non-profits. These days I hold office in 5 organizations and there were 2 others from which I resigned 3+ years ago. I have no plans to change my documents, so on occasion I present as Don. Most recently was when we went for vaccines and boosters. Didn’t want anyone to get freaked over why my presentation didn’t match my driver’s license. For all the organizations, DeeAnn is the person of record.

Thanks, for completing your Profile page. I often have to remind people to do that, but it is important. It lets members know a bit about someone’s history, goals and how things are going. It will always be readily available and can be updated at any time.

Have a look at the Groups as there is a TGH SoCal group that might be of interest…

Hi Heather, and welcome to heaven.   VINTAGE????  Dear you’re a kitten compared to some of us ( I’m 70).  I hope you can enjoy the forums and articles, and by all means, join in the  hat room when you get a chance.  Lots of good people, good convos, and good laughs.  I look forward to meeting you in chat.

Hugs……Carly.

Hello Heather,

Welcome to our TransgGender Heaven (TGH) site: A Wonderful, Accepting, Loving, Helpful Community where you can be safe and be yourself.
      The Warmth, Compassion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.
      You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

Glad you are here,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

======= Here is a link to the MtoF Chat room: ========
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-

Anonymous
      FREE

Heather not vintage at all. We are all united as one here. Sisters Hugs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?