Recommended Reading

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

If you are questioning if you are too old, or too masculine,Β  or too anything to be trans, please read Yes, You Are Trans Enough by Mia Violet. I can’t recommend this book enough!

I had been struggling to accept that I was trans because of so many different reasons. I was 51. I never hated my penis. I liked women. So why was I so unhappy and why was being trans the answer to my problems? This book helped me find the way and made me realize that none of the reasons I had for not accepting my trans-ness was that I wasn’t trans. They were just reasons why it wouldn’t be an easy path for me.

The book follows the author’s journey through periods of doubt and Dysphoria to acceptance and bravery. I can’t really do it justice. Just go read it!

Anyone have other good books to recommend?Β  My second choice would be She’s Not There by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Thank you, Renee.Β  I’m curious to hear what others have to contribute.Β  Perhaps with enough participation we can turn this into a site feature.

Hugs, Cloe

Anonymous

Oh my! I’ve only read the introduction and chapter one so far of Yes, You Are Trans Enough and I am already feeling much better about myself. Thank you for the recommendation.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the book Jasmine! The author also has a Twitter account that is definitely worth following @OhMiaGod .

I read She’s Not There this year. I found it relaxing in how laid back Jenny made her transition sound. I remember she was in a band and even kept singing through it all. People around her loved her, despite their concerns, and she continued on even being a professor at a college. There’s a ton of study questions at the back of it, totally a teacher thing, and I answered them to her email. She emailed me back and I got to chat a bit with her. Jenny Boylan is awesome! She has a column in the New York Times every week. I included her links below. Big time success story and worth following.

http://jenniferboylan.net/

https://www.nytimes.com/column/jennifer-finney-boylan

“…but looking like you’re cis is certainly not the root of happiness and not the reason to transition.”

I just bought the book and this line here was worth the cost of it. I’ve been struggling with this sentiment in my head for at least a year. I love love this book! It’s written on point, way real, honest and has so much grace in it! I look forward to finishing it this week or maybe even tomorrow.

Thanks, Renee, for the suggestion! Hugs and smiles…

Anonymous

Hello, I ordered the book right away and will let you know in a month or so how much I liked it Renee.  😜

Miri

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Am I transsexual?’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?