Representation matters

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Seren
      FREE

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Happy hump day by beautiful friends from all over the world. I am cautious about posting this as I realise the trauma of the elections are probably still raw for many people. </span></p>
      <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I just wanted to say how happy I am to see openly trans women,<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span></span><span class=”s2″>🏳️‍🌈</span><span class=”s1″> folks and other minorities represented in some of the highest positions of power in the US. This matters. Increased visibility in everyday life helps make the world safer by normalising our existence. </span></p>
      <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I know it’s a tiny step, there’s work to do, and places trans people will never feel safe, but for now I want to cheer Sarah Mcbride, Stephanie Byers, Taylor Small, Brianna Titone and Lisa Bunker (I don’t think I missed anyone….?)</span></p>
      stay safe

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Seren xx</span></p>

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I would add Lisa Middleton who was re-elected to Palm Springs, CA City Council.

Agreed, visibility is VERY important. When an LGBT elected official deals with another non-lgbt elected official, it represents a reminder that it is part of their being and something to be considered/dealt with. Also, regardless of how supportive a non-LGBT official is, it is not the same as having your perspective coming from lived experience.

I met Sarah McBride a couple of years ago. While she has had some serious setbacks in her life, I think it has had the effect of strengthening her resolve.

Anyway, I wish them all well and continued success!

Love this post. My sentiments as well 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?