Researching

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Right now I’m just in the stages of researching FTM HRT and reassignment surgery. Haven’t made any decisions yet and just want to educate myself. So far it seems like bottom surgery is the most problematic part of a full transition. It presents a lot of issues that I’m not sure I want to even chance having to put up with.

For one, it leaves an awful lot of scaring, not just at the genital site, but on other parts of the body as well. Another negative is all the post-operation health issues that come with it. It sounds like it’s almost inevitable that there will be some sort of complication that happens. I won’t go into detail, but some rather disturbing things can happen throughout the recovery process. But most importantly to me, is that sexual intercourse will be…. complicated at best and completely impossible at worst. Despite being a virgin at this point in my life, I still value sexual stimulation far too much to just give it up completely. There’s a very real possibility that I will lose the ability to feel aroused at all if I have bottom surgery and I just cannot live with myself if that happens.

I wonder if it’s possible to get HRT and top surgery while still leaving my female genitalia intact, both on the medical side of things, as well as the psychological side of things. Will I be able to accept myself as a male and will others accept me as a male even if I don’t have all the correct physical traits of one? I know that I very much want to have all the correct body parts of a male, but I want them to be functional, not just for show. I know I will always think of myself as a failed project if I don’t have a full transition, but at the same time, my sexuality is just as big a part of myself as my gender; separate, but just as valuable to my being. I might just have to compromise on this. Still… I’m unsure at this point and need to do more research.

Does anyone else have any advice or similar experiences they’d like to share with me? I’d appreciate anything you have to offer. Even if you are MTF, sharing what it was like for you to make the physical transition with me would be helpful. Thanks guys.

Xelyn

Hi Xelyn!    Well, I guess you have found the info that you were looking for. I couldn’t bring myself to dash your dreams. Take heart sweetie. Down the road medical science may discover how to give you all you desire. Tremendous strides have been made in the medical field. Perhaps one of our girls who has transgendered might discuss with you the issues you are looking at from a womans point of view. Good luck. God Bless.

Veronica

Tami W
      FREE

Xelyn,

I have a couple of very close friends who are trans men, and both have opted not to have bottom surgery.  Both have had full hysterectomies and proceeded with T, and one of the two has completed top surgery.  For both they live their lives fully as men and are accepted as such societally without any issues there.     Both are in loving relationships, one with a trans woman, the other with a cis woman who brought children into the relationship.  To the kids he is just dad at this point.  Only you can answer for yourself psychologically, but it is completely possible to fully transition and live a happy life as a man without bottom surgery.  Hope this helps a bit, feel free to message me if you would like to talk more.  Best of luck Hun!

Tami

Do what is right for you, Xelyn.  It  will be the only way to be truly happy with yourself anyway.  I’m so glad Tami spoke up for some men she knows.  It would be wonderful if you could make some connections with others who have gone before to get their perspectives on how they came to make their decisions.  I’m keeping my eye open for new FTM members for you.

Hugs, Cloe

Anonymous

Well, Veronica, I did a little bit of research on it last year, but was hoping there had been more advances made since the 2011 article I read. I would greatly appreciate any discussion on what it’s like to transition, either gender.

Thank you for sharring that Tami, it made me feel a lot better. I do have concerns about hysterectomy surgery, but I hope to start hormones and get top surgery at least. Then maybe in the future there will be some advances in the medical field regarding ftm transitioning.

Thanks Chloe, I really appreciate the effort to draw in more ftm people. I could use the experiences they have to share and just the understanding. So far you guys have all been great with support though and understand far more what I’m going through than my poor family ever could. Bless them for trying though.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?