Resources for transgender partners

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi.

I am married and not out.  I am questioning my gender and have a therapist lined up…I just need to tell my wife I need to see a therapist, thinking of just saying for anxiety, which is true.

I do think the extent of my questioning is that I am more than questioning to the point of being Trans, which I know is perfectly okay.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for resources for a partner of a transgender?  I am hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Stephanie, my suggestion would be to reach out to any transgender support groups in your area and see what they have to offer. There are numerous ones throughout the country and they should be able to either help you directly, or point you to support in your area. We also have a lot of listing you can see in our Places -> Local Places directory listing. Michelle

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

Yes, in parallel to support groups and group therapy settings, some also offer similar arrangements in support of family members.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

I just remembered something. In our area, the local P-FLAG group does support sessions for family members. I would assume that other chapters do something similar…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?