S.A.G.E. Test?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

I may be late to the party here, but does anyone else have experience/opinion on this? http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/sage/#

Just doing some self-reflection and came across it. It’s pretty thorough, but seems like it might be a tad outdated…anyways, here’s my results:

Your Raw Score is: 420, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Masculine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.

You appear to socialize in a feminine manner.

You believe you have major conflicts about your gender identity.

<b>You indicated your were born Male.</b>

<b>ANALYSIS:</b>
      Male to Female Transsexual, who is a serious candidate for Gender Reassignment Surgery
      <b></b>

<b>NOTES:</b>

• Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young

It’s funny, I still don’t think of myself as a candidate for surgery yet, but if this is to be believed, well, at least it confirms what I’ve sort of suspected all these years…

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Personally, I would wonder about how often this survey turns out to be reasonably accurate. I don’t know, so I would tend to look upon it as just a data point. There are no shortcuts when we are considering the possibility of life-altering changes so hopefully this will not lead to skip any steps…

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Alexis, I look at a lot of these tests a bit skeptically. Too many times, there seems to be hidden agendas, who funds them, etc. concerns behind the scenes. I’ve taken similar types of tests before, and they have been all over the spectrum. And some questions are phrased to put you in a one size fits all box. Like that one about sleep. You only get to provide an answer they have selected. As in, I will sleep on my side, but I toss and turn from side to side. That option isn’t available. One on one counseling with a therapist is best I think. You get the personal interaction, and a lot can be gleaned from the words and phrases and body language you use. Just my way of seeing things though. Michelle

Ha! I am exactly the same when it come to sleep! I guess what I liked about this test was that there was so many questions, I feel like it has a better shot at averaging things out for accuracy. Versus those like 5 question tests – what does that tell you!

That said, I get all the usual disclaimers, it’s just one data point, etc. etc. Any online psych evaluation always says you should seek a professional.

Of course, you have to watch these “professionals” too. Read Laura Jane Grace’s “Tranny.” I’ll never forget where she talks about the difficult time she had getting her therapist to sign off on her hormone therapy…you know finally sold it? She had to show up in a dress and heels for a session, and that’s what it took. Of course, this was Florida, so…;-)

Ultimately, this seems like something that can only be self-diagnosed. A therapist can help guide you, but only you know how you feel inside.

Dawn J
          AMBASSADOR

Alexis, I’m in Florida & have never met with my therapist as anyone other than my female self.

Sorry – I didn’t mean to offend! I’m just relating from Laura’s experience, where she kind of indicated the Florida was a rough place to get help as a trans woman…I’m sure everyone’s experience is different. My point is just that not all therapists are created equal, so if you don’t feel you’re getting the help you need, find a new one…

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

I think self-diagnosis is never a good idea. It can lead to all sorts of places where we don’t need to be. The human mind will try very hard to make things easy for us. Think of times when we have a difficult, life altering decision to make or having to deal with someone that we don’t like or that we find very difficult to interact with. We don’t always go into these situations straightforwardly. Sometimes we procrastinate by thinking of other, seemingly more important things to do that will keep us from addressing the real issue.

As always stated, the key is finding a therapist who has experience in gender issues. Not everyone does, so sometimes that can be a major hurdle. What a therapist does is not to tell you what to do. The job is to get you to realize things that we try to avoid thinking about as I mentioned above. The guidance comes in to help maintain focus on what needs to be considered and to prevent us from skipping important issues or misinterpreting them.

Therapists, in effect, are charged with “getting it right”. Part of the process is to understand ones personal commitment to the journey of coming to grips with your gender identity. To me, one should have a very good reason to not show up dressed as your target gender. Anything less should raise its own set of questions…

Well, I never visited my last therapist en femme, but I didn’t start going with the intention that I had gender issues to sort out. Obviously, once it came out, it became a big focus, but it was much more about why I had so much guilt and shame over wanting to dress like a woman. I needed to get comfortable with ME, before I could think of tackling the bigger issues…

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

Ah, that explains it. Your starting point was different…

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

[postquote quote=95463]

It would seem to be a bit of a no-brainer I think…

Sharon
      FREE

Your Raw Score is: 575, which indicates that overall you are Feminine

You appear to socialize in a very feminine manner.

You believe you have serious conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:
      Male to Female Transsexual, who is a serious candidate for Gender Reassignment Surgery
      NOTES:

• Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.
      • Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

… it seems that I am a candidate too,  however I am currently not bothered either way by genitalia.

My results are:

Your Raw Score is: 340, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

Male to Female Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition.

• Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

Yep, that’s me too. I can see hormones and hair removal, but more dramatic surgery doesn’t feel necessary for me to feel feminine.

Here are my results

Fairly close yo yours

<center><span style=”font-size: large;”>S.A.G.E. Test Results</span></center>Your Raw Score is: 435, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Feminine

Male to Female Transsexual, either post-operative or in transition

• Your answers indicate you may be AUTOGYNEPHILIC. Your answers indicate you may fit the following type(s):
        • <b>Transvestic</b>: arousal via dressing in clothing of the opposite sex
        • <b>Physiologic</b>: arousal from the idea of having opposite sex physiology. This does not necessarily mean you WANT the physiology of the opposite sex, you just find the IDEA of it exciting.

<center>[ CLOSE WINDOW ]</center> 

Anonymous

Your Raw Score is: 540 which indicates that overall you are Feminine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a female person

ANALYSIS:
      NOTES:

• Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.

… it seems that I am a candidate too,  however I am currently not bothered either way by genitalia.

You indicated your were born male.

S.A.G.E. Test Results
      Your Raw Score is: 315, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

ANALYSIS:
      Male to Female Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition.
      NOTES:

Your answers indicate you may be AUTOGYNEPHILIC. Your answers indicate you may fit the following type(s):
      Transvestic: arousal via dressing in clothing of the opposite sex

Hmmmmm

Anonymous

Omg, this was so long….. But I done it.

<center><span style=”font-size: large;”>S.A.G.E. Test Results</span></center>Your Raw Score is: 570, which indicates that overall you are Feminine

Your appearance is Androgynous

To be fair, I didn’t really need a test to tell me this. Oh well though, here it is.

Wow. Thanks for sharing that link. 🙂 Yes, it is a bit outdated, but is pretty thorough. Soooo much much was unlearned since I was young …

S.A.G.E. Test Results
      Your Raw Score is: 570, which indicates that overall you are Feminine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Female person.

ANALYSIS:
      Male to Female Transsexual, either post-operative or in transition

NOTES:
      Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.
      Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

Very cool test.Very long.

I scored at 630.

Could not figure out to get a screen shot of the results though.

Catherine

The S.A.G.E. is based on gender stereotypes and outdated assumptions about gender.  It is basically based on the idea that women can not be athletic (sorry Serena Williams, Leila Ali and Amanda Nunes), are bad at math and science (sorry Marie Curie, Ruth Benedict, Dian Fosey, and Mary Cartwright), are overly emotional and have a hard time with analysis (sorry RGB and Sandra Day O’Connor), and can not even catch a football (if I knew anything about football [English or American] I could list some people, but I’m sure those of you who know the sports can think of someone).

While I admit those characteristics personally fit me to a T, and the results affirm my own gender identity as being feminine, they are also still stereotypes, and the test should really only be used for entertainment purposes.  I would take any results, self-affirming or not, with a massive grain (or dump truck full) of salt.

Yeah, I totally see what you mean. I think I just want something to “reinforce” what I already know to be true about myself!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Am I transsexual?’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?