Seeking help and advice to solve a serious problem

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone…My name is Sheila…I am a 58 year old M-to-F TS here in the Atlanta Georgia area and live with my female girlfriend who is also in her 50’s…I have been reading several topics here in the forum about the do’s and don’ts as far as giving out personal information but we were wondering if anyone has any advice or helpful tips concerning how to locate someone for a roommate type of situation?…We are currently in a place where we not only had a roommate who suddenly decided to move out on us but the new owners of the property also recently raised the rent so we are definitely hoping to find a new place to move to soon…And with the way the prices of everything are now, it would be tremendously helpful if we could find someone who is compatible, open-minded and understanding of our situation to share a home with…The main question though is where do we look?…We don’t feel comfortable going to sites like Craigslist or anything like that but we were thinking that there must be many people right now in a similar situation in which we could help each other but we have no idea of who to call or contact…If anyone has any ideas, advice, or helpful suggestions concerning this problem we need help with, it would be greatly appreciated…Thank you in advance and have a wonderful day everyone!…Hugs from Sheila & Gayle

Barb
      FREE

Hi Sheila & Gayle:

Have you tried reaching out to your local Pride community?

Sometimes they do hide, and for good reason, but there are legitimate Facebook groups and websites that advocate for our LGBTQA+ lives.

Many FB groups where I am have both a public and private page, so requests like yours are more private and reach the right audience. See who’s kind, vocal and plugged-in on those sites, send them a DM and then buy them a coffee.

My network of friends blossomed when I found the courage to reach out, and all it took was one trans woman who connected me with so many others! Now I know where to get a friendly haircut, doctor, coffee, and even a tattoo!

Good Luck!

:Barb

Anonymous
      FREE

I would go to a LGBTQ meeting near where you live. Like a monthly meeting that many have. Maybe you can mention that and click with people in person and not just click online. Yes it is extra time, but you would get a vibe and it would be local. Wish I could offer more ideas.

Barb
        FREE

Good point!

I meet regularly at least twice a month with my “formal” Pride socials plus just getting together and having fun with my new friends. That’s where the networks really develop.

Sorry, but I figured I implied as much with my original note. My bad…

Cheers, Barb

Anonymous
          FREE

No Barb, you are right.   Today was a high stress day and to decompress I wanted a short bit of trans time to myself as I checked the computer.   I was just stopping in and on the fly sort of.  I should have paid more attention to what you already laid out.

Barb
            FREE

No worries. I get those days too. Thanks for your note! 🤗

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Barb.

Thank you Kenna, Barb and Rachel for reaching out and offering your advice to help…We will definitely try the Facebook idea and see how that goes…As far as local groups to go in person I was curious in that I thought this group was like that and had meetings in my area…I think Transgender Heaven used to be called Atlanta Gender Explorations (AGE) because I remember being a member many years ago when I first came out and went to several of the meetings with them but I lost touch over the years…Are they still having meetings? and if so, how do I contact them so we can go?…I also sent a message to a woman who runs another local group called the North Fulton Transgender Support Group about a week ago and I got a confirmation that she got my e-mail but she has not replied to me yet herself so I’m not sure what is going on there…We’ll keep trying these various options and hopefully something positive will come of it soon…Thanks again so much for taking the time to reach out with your suggestions and tips…We really do appreciate it…Hugs again…Sheila and Gayle

Hello Sheila,

Welcome to our TransGender Heaven (TGH) site: A Wonderful, Accepting, Loving, Helpful Community where you can be safe and be yourself.
      The Warmth, Compassion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.
      You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

Glad you are here,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

======= Here is a link to the MtoF Chat room: ========
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

====== TGH How-to Navigation ==================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

Check various media sources for someone looking for roommates. Locate the local lgbtq groups in your area for any advice/ assistance. You can also check out ! You are not alone,  and post an ad or do a search.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?