Should you be wearing Binders if your on HRT ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Tasedr
    Participant

Here’s a copy of the information:

We are by no means doctors, but our experience and education help us understand some of the risks of binding, and some of the safety precautions one can take while binding. If you have a specific safety question, it’s best to consult your doctor.

I reached out to a few of the trans women in our office and almost all of them said that it may not be a good idea to bind when on HRT as it can cause pain in the new (and very sensitive!) tissue. Binding can also reduce the elasticity of the breast tissue and binding while the chest is growing can stunt the growth of your chest. However, they recommended wearing sports bras or light sports compression shirts to help flatten the chest tissue when in situations that would require you to have a flatter appearing chest.

Hopefully this information helps!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Alicia here. I would never wear a binder. I do wear a number of medium size camisoles (one size smaller than I’d normally wear) that are 95% nylon and 5% spandex. They give my breasts a flatter appearance when wearing a T but I also like the way they shape them. Most of my old clothes fit way too large now. I’ve lost a ton of muscle mass so I really don’t have to try too hard to hide what little breast growth I have so far. I am a few days from 4 months on Hrt, and loving every minute of it. Anyway, just my take and how I deal with it.

Alicia

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.