Soliciting Personal Information

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Jasmine
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

I can’t more strongly stress this warning more than this post.

Giving out your personal email address to anyone on TGH or CDH is very risky and I am totally against it. And Beware of offsite communication.

We are a community and we should be comfortable with sharing on site our stories. Though some of us may communicate offsite in personal chats and group chats, you most understand that you enter those conversations at your own accord and what is exchanged in those rooms are not protected by TGH or CDH “Terms of Service”

I am aware of a mass email exchange by a member who created two accounts and used one name, asking you to send them your email address.  If you received a message from this person, Please Delete it and not Reply.

Thank you all for your membership with our community, and please contact me if you ever have an issue that may violate our rules.

**HUGS**

Jasmine Marie

I came on because I received an email that I’d gotten a message  from a member with a strange name and wanted to make sure nobody else had been scammed by this person, I am definitely ignoring their request.

Anonymous

Jasmine –

Saw this warning after having reported receipt of a questionable message w/in the last 24 hrs.

Thanks for staying on top of things!

You advice is spot on.

C.

i had one with a person i did not know asking me to text them on their email they sent me. i just deleted it, did not answer back just like phone calls if i dont know the number i dont answer  thanks for the heads up

Thank you for your post.TGH is a safe place for me I want to keep it safe luv Stephanie

Rami Love
      FREE

Thank you for the warning

thank you for the warning..i would like to share a brief story with everyone..i became a victim just sharing pics.

Me and the certain person talked for about two months…well she tried blackmailing me and I didn’t give in…she sent pics to cooperate office where i worked I got fired..I learned the hard way

.No matter how much you think you know a person..Never drop your guard.kisses

gemmatvuk
      FREE

Thanks

Hi. It’s not pleasant at all. I would never give up my real email address nowhere. When I just joined Crossdresserheaven I was approached by a troll (he was kicked out faster than my wages vanishes). I can tell you that it wasn’t pleasant to read. It really made me feel sick. No blame on Crossdresserheaven and Vanessa, they acted as swiftly as possible, and it’s almost impossible to protect yourself against that.
      Regards
      Lily-Rose

Anonymous

I have that seen that happen on CD Heaven once before and your right. They do work fast to eject the person from the site. They really do care.

This has never happened to me here, but on Facebook I’m regularly hit upon by random men. Most I just delete, but if they have any sort of reasonably complete profile I may give them the benefit of the doubt and contact them on FB Messenger.

Most often they jump to asking for personal info, wanting to text my phone or switch to WhatsApp or Google Hangouts. Big red flag.

That happens to me an awful lot too usually they’re just scammers but you can tell when you check their profile they don’t have very long profiles they are usually fakes

I completely agree with this warning I’ve not experienced the downsides of this myself however I’ve come close cuz I have received elsewhere not on this site cuz I’m too new I guess messages requesting information and such yes I have my email available on this site however if I remember the account sign up correctly it’s for administration only no one else will get that until I learned to trust them and because of my life experiences trust is a very hard thing to come by especially when it comes to online stuff that being said my username for example is Fira Kagegetsu which means fire Moon Shadow or if you want to get more accurate when it comes to what it’s supposed to mean because that was the literal translation lunar eclipse is the figurative translation and I like it the kanji I use is my cover image is the one for love and fire Moon Shadow are three kanji that I actually have as tattoos because that is a very deep meaningful name for me for reasons that on a general post like this I’m not going to go into as you get to know me and I get to know you that may change but as it stands right now it is what it is and will stay the way it is keep your heads up stay safe and always watch your back be careful with personal information giving

I totally agree! Though it’s easy enough to sort out the knuckle dragging mouth breathers it’s still extremely annoying. Patience is the key. If someone is sincere, you will find out over time

Hi Jasmine,

Thank you for  the warning. I suppose we never underestimate the cunningness of some people.

thank you for pointing this out.  I did get the email and was suspicious from the start.  I meant to ask about it but got too busy and forgot.

[postquote quote=36511]
      “comfortable sharing our stories?”

If I am not comfortable sharing should I not be here? Unfortunately, it appears that the forums are indexed by search engines, so the idea that this is an insular community is somewhat flawed. I would be willing to share with the community here; I am not willing to share with the Internet as a whole.

No doubt there are safety issues, but it’s a bit more complicated than that.  I’m an Economist, but I won’t get too “wonky” :).  There’s this concept known as “consumer surplus”, which is essentially the difference between someone’s willingness to pay and the market price.  For example, if you see a dress for which you’d be willing to pay $50, but the price is $40 that’s 10 extra bucks for you, and consequently you have a consumer surplus of $10.  (Note that producer surplus, which is the difference between the price at which a producer would be willing to provide a good and the market price, also exists.)

It;s no secret that producers would like to “appropriate” consumer surplus for themselves, if possible, and the collecting of personal information by “tracking” may enable them to do so.

I also suspect that “tracking” enables a producer to charge a “special price” 🙂 to someone who is e.g. Black, or gay, or trans.

Unfortunately there is so much public information out there that makes it easier for a producer to accomplish this.  For example, a credit report has the category “other names used”.  If “Jane Jones” was previously “John Jones”, a bank/landlord/employer would know that there’s a good chance she’s trans.  Similarly, if “Jane Jones” was previously “Jane Smith” and “Jane Carpenter”  it’s a good bet that this is her second marriage.  Since men don’t change their names upon marriage, such a procedure is also quite sexist.

I’m very careful when on the internet.  I delete my history and cookies at the end of each internet session, and I don’t save any bookmarks.  My privacy settings are at the maximum possible.

I quite agree with you that a site like this might invite predators.  I’ve seen a few suspicious posts, but I can’t tell whether they should be classified as “suspicious” or “you can’t make this up”. 🙂

Everyone thank you for heads up.   I will be careful.  I am a new member so I have not seen anything yet.😊. Donna

Anonymous
      FREE

Jasmine thank you for this heads up. I never give out my personal email to anyone unless it is Dr’s etc.
      I believe less is just enough

missyjo
      FREE

Jasmine n others

thank you for warning us.

what a sad commentary on society today the acts of that other person. 😢 why can’t they just leave us alone?

thank you.

hugs

Jasmine
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

It’s a risk you take upon yourself.

TGH is a protected place for socializing and communication. Once off site communication is made, TGH staff will not be able to provide any assistance in any dispute or altercation.

I might be able to help more with this. With just your email somebody could become a cyber stalker or a cyber bully and especially if they’re hacker they can very easily get around any blocks you put up using the sites to get rid of them. Now if they end up figuring out your address they can do more than be a cyber stalker they can become a real life stalker in which case when you don’t know it they could come to your place and say you happen to be asleep they could potentially break in and hurt you before you can even get a hold of 911 if they know your name and birthday but not the other stuff they could potentially use that hack into your bank account and wipe out any and all money you have to wear suddenly you become destitute unable to pay any bills any of that stuff. THAT it’s just the tip of the iceberg of why it can be dangerous when it comes to personal information now that being said most of us don’t ask for it but if somebody is consistently asking and bugging you for it then there’s something wrong or trying to deliberately convince you to move off site say to a more risky chat site especially if that one has been known to be hacked multiple times before or even has on the news gotten in for me for being a “playground” for criminals rapists child molesters etc then again there’s something wrong and might not be wise to continue communicating with that individual and letting one of the ambassadors know. As has been said this site is supposed to be a safe place and so people like that are not welcome here hopefully this helps you understand a little better of how dangerous and crazy can be

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?