Sometimes its the little things

• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I had an appointment at my Dr’s. the other day it was to see how transition is going and to check levels. Anyway, the office is great they ask what preferred name, pronouns, etc you use. When I first started going there I gave them my male name and said that’s fine to use for now. Well at this last appointment I asked for them to update that to Daphne and right away they started using it. I have only just told a couple people that will be my name before the Doctors. It made me so incredibly happy I started giggling. I just wanted to share that as I am not out yet so I’m trying to save up on any positivity I can.

Daphne,

That’s a great feeling. When I first went to my therapist she asked for my name and pronouns. I was going to use my male name but thought I’m here for the real me, Angela. She’s used to ever since. It does feel good to be called your true name. Congratulations!

Angela

Hi Daphne I was just thinking the same thing. before i read your post. I was taking trash out this morning. I was not wearing anything special or cute. A car pulled over to ask for directions ..The driver was a young woman. When she said “excuse me mam” i can non explain in words what a wonderful feeling i got just from a simple word mam. My soft feminine voice that i have been practicing answered automatically without thinking.You are right I love the simple things luv Stephanie

Diane H
      FREE

I’ve found that if you are doing a halfway good job of presenting female most people will go along with name and pronoun requests.

One thing you can try at a Doctor’s office is to write a short note saying  —

I am transgender and, although legally for insurance purposes I use my male name,

I would like to be referred to as Diane and the pronouns she and her be used when referring to me.

Thanks for your kindness and compassion!  Diane

Hey Daphne so excited for you. It’s really confirming to hear quips like this. I know I’ll be there soon myself .

Anonymous

Congratulations, Daphne.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real Life Transition Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?