Song Lyrics

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

What is TGH’s policy, if any, on posting song lyrics? With the original author credited, I don’t believe it’s an issue. I would love share our favorite songs, and maybe why it resonates so strongly with you, personally.

Stephanie xo

I won’t post anything until I get clearance from staff, but Tom Petty’ “The Waiting”, and “Festival of Friends” by Bruce Coburn, and of course Neil Young’s “Old Man” spring immediately to mind for me…. what about you?

Cheers,

Stephanie

Oh, and Pete Townshend’s “Behind Blue Eyes”….. powerful, evocative work.

I can’t remember the song title but the song that resonates most with me is by Lynyrd Skynyrd with the lyrics:

One day at a time, smell the roses, taste the wine.

Mine, like many others will be a long journey but I’m not rushing to get where I want to be; I can’t for medical reasons in any case. But I’m enjoying the trail, the views, the milestones and the discoveries along the route.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That’s awesome Melanie… I love Skynyrd,Β  I was just listening to Tuesday’s Gone, and All I Can Do Is Write About It …. great tunage!!</p>

Stephanie,

It’s okay as long as you both credit he author and have some commentary on the lyrics (vs just posting song lyrics).Β  It’s also better if if you just post the lyrics that you are referring to vs the whole song.

Assistant Managing Ambassador Cloe

Ok, thanks Cloe

Steph

The Waiting

* Tom Petty *

The waiting… is the hardest part

Every day, you get one more yard

You take it on Faith,Β  you take it to the Heart

The waiting, is the hardest part

This song was written by Tom Petty after he shattered the bones in his hand quite badly. Doctors told him he would never play guitar again. He was deeply depressed, his career was over, and all seemed lost. Then he thought of his wife, and all she had helped him with (and put up with) over the years… he couldn’t just give up!!!

Bang, one of his best songs was born (in my humble opinion), he worked his butt off to get his chops back, and the rest is history. The lesson for me, after breaking my neck in a car accident, was don’t EVER let ANYONE tell you what you can and can’t accomplish if you set your mind to it.

don’t let it kill you, baby

Don’t let it get to you

Don’t let it kill you, baby

Don’t let it get to you

I’ll be your bleeding heartΒ 

I’llΒ  be your crying fool

Don’t let it go too far

Don’t let it get to you…

* Tom Petty *

Festival of Friends

* Bruce Coburn *
      Some of us live, and some of us die
      Someday God’s going to tell us why
      I’m so glad I found you… I’d just like to extend
      An invitation to the Festival of Friends

Bruce Coburn wrote this song after friends of his lost their newborn child. His circle of friends was broken-hearted, and they were trying to make sense of such a senseless loss. Somehow the song helped the parents cope, and believe in a Power greater than themselves. I understand the power that a song has to heal us, from anything

I forgot to mention, the reason Festival of Friends has such a powerful message for me personally,Β  is that my nephew,Β  Kyle (first born nephew) was killed in a car accident one week after his 21st birthday.

Love You, Kyle πŸ™‚

Uncle Dave

Anonymous

Stef

Dasia would know better than anybody. She heads up a radio show in Minnesota and is very knowledgeable on copy-write laws and such. Check here out. Worst case we have a music/musicians group. G-luck Hun

Huggz Tracee

Behind Blue Eyes

—————————

* Pete Townshend *

No one knows what it’s like… To be the bad man…
      To be the sad man… Behind Blue Eyes…
      No one knows what it’s like… To be hated…
      To be faded… to telling only lies
      [CHORUS]
      But my dreams… They aren’t as empty
      As my conscience… Seems to be
      I have hours… Only lonely
      My love is Vengeance… That’s never free…
      No one knows what it’s like… To feel these feelings…
      Like I do… and I blame you!!
      No one bites back as hard… on their anger…
      None of my pain and woe… Can show through…
      [REPEAT CHORUS]
      When my fist clenches, crack it open
      Before I use it to lose my cool
      And when I smile, tell me some bad news
      Before I laugh, and act like a fool
      And if I swallow anything evil
      Stick your fingers down my throat
      And if I shiver, please give me a blanket
      Keep me warm, let me wear your coat

No one knows what it’s like… To be the bad man…
      To be the sad man… Behind Blue Eyes…
      Pete Townshend was well known as the guy who smashed his guitar at the end of every show, bouncing it off the floorboards and then driving it through his amp until both were utterly destroyed. In the early days, the band was losing money every show, since the equipment destroyed cost them more than they were getting paid for the gig.
      What people don’t realize, is that Pete was abandoned by his mother at a young age, and was raised by his grandmother, who abused his physically and verbally for most of his childhood.
      This song is his attempt to convey how that affected him. Since reading that, I can’t help but think of the wounded child behind those eyes. Everyone has a story.
      Stephanie

Let’s not post the entire songs lyrics.Β  There has been some further discussion about the subject of posting them andΒ  the quotes should really only be a small section that is the focus of your comments.Β  We have to remember this is their work for which they should rightly receive compensation.Β  While Townsend may be OK, some artists aren’t so well financially.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?