Supporting Family member

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all!! I’m looking for any advice on how to support my new Auntie during her transition. Ive adored her as an uncle and now as becoming her true self. I know it is difficult to go through this. Any advice or tips to help would truly be great!! Thanks so much in advance

For the most part just keep it normal, Amber.Β  You can also read up on what others have gone through.Β  I suggest this book “Trans-Kin: A Guide for Family and Friends of Transgender People”.Β  If you live close enough then invite her out for dinner in a quiet place or to go shopping with you or just to crash at her place and watch a movie together.Β  Just show her you can be trusted and she’ll open up to you.

Hugs, Cloe

First and foremost, continue to be the same niece, and family member you have always been, allowing her to reveal herself at her own pace. While she may look different, and may act somewhat differently, underneath, she is essentially the same person she has always been, now having found the courage and or freedom to express herself fully, with her basic skills and Β and talents still intact. You may need to attend to a change in preferences, allowing her to show the way, i.e. she may still be the expert auto mechanic she once was, but might be a bit protective of her nails (from my own experience) It’s so interesting how someone can be perceived to be a totally different person upon learning that their gender identity and presentation, is Β different than how we’ve always known or perceived them. She will still have the same needs for love and support she has always needed.

carla

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?