Surveys Regarding The Transgender Community…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

In addition to here, I am on various transgender related sections of social media platforms such as Reddit, Facebook, etc. From time to time, there are folks doing doctoral research and other studies aimed at the transgender community. I encourage the members here to check into the studies and to participate if you are satisfied of their legitimacy. Typically it has been hard to get funding for studies as many are not interested in learning about our community. Also, it is very easy to dismiss us when there is a lack of data.

Over the past 6 years I have participated in a number of surveys for doctoral work, for commercial studies and for non-profits. I have yet to learn of any security issues with any of the studies. Obviously, there is always some degree of risk, but the people doing the studies realize that if information were leaked, it would be virtually impossible to find participants in the future.

Beyond doctoral work, there is a professional organization that conducts studies for clients and also does their own surveys for the LGBTQ community and are LGBTQ owned: Community Marketing & Insights (https://cmi.info/). They also maintain a panel of LGBTQ participants in order to easily connect with those who would be appropriate for a given study. Their own studies can be downloaded for free on topics such as the LGBTQ community, tourism and hospitality, social issues and business and finance. For the record, while I have been a panel member for several years, I have no financial interest in the company…

Lauren Mugnaia
      AMBASSADOR

Hi DeeAnn, I am on Crossdresser Heaven as well as on here, on several Facebook pages including my own under Lauren Mugnaia.  I’m on TG Forums and Reddit, I also subscribe to DR. Z and Cindi Grace Miller.  One of the most enjoyable sites for transgender people like you and I is the transgender blogs on Medium, the one I thoroughly am taken by are the almost daily entries by a trans gal named Emma Holiday, her stuff really speaks to my very feminine soul.

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

Yes, there also and I’ve read her material…

Have you taken any surveys in the past?

Lauren Mugnaia
          AMBASSADOR

Hi again DeeAnn, not regarding anything transgender.  I get surveys all the time on my email accounts, usually regarding satisfaction of things I have purchased.  I find the TG blogs on medium to be some of the best that I’ve come across.

DeeAnn Hopings
            AMBASSADOR

Typically you won’t get E-Mails from the people doing the research. I get messages from CMI because I’m part of their panel. Usually the notices show up on forums and social media, and when done properly, there are various ways to check the validity of the survey.

Thank you DeeAnn for posting this and Lauren for adding to it.  I have also participated in surveys and PhD studies and found the experience to be rewarding for both myself and the community.  I have declined a few when I felt unsure about the motives or integrity of the project.  Some just seemed like fishing expeditions and I worried about how the information would be used.  I welcome any alerts to both good and bad queries.  Marg

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

Yes, I definitely understand. As always, there are those who have questionable intentions. Sometimes I think some of the researchers could also do a better job of stating what they are trying to do. It can raise question marks about their intent and that may lead to non-participation. However, that seems to happen less frequently than it used to.

Getting connected with an organization like CMI is helpful as they do the homework to vet their clients. Typically they work with major, well known companies and trade organizations like travel and tourism groups…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real World Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?