Testosterone and breakthrough cramping

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello community folx,

I’m new here and have never posted on a forum or joined a group before. I’m not sure if this has been asked here before and I apologize if this is redundant. I have been on T for 8 weeks and also using the nuva ring to stop my monthly menses. I’ve had a really hard time with my monthly all my life (horrible cramps, the kind that keep you from getting out of bed) when I started the nuva ring and Testosterone in the same month I was blessed with no cramping and was able to stop my cycle (I am using the nuva ring as prescribed by my doctor) recently I have experienced breakthrough bleeding and some of the worst cramping I’ve ever had. It’s intermittent cramping, comes in waves and is really bad and then passes for a while and comes back. I am wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience with taking birth control to stop their cycle and being on T at the same time?

Again, my apologies if this has been asked already or if it’s not an appropriate topic of discussion.
      thank you, Cheers!
      Jess

Hello Jess,

Your question is perfectly appropriate, IMO. I wanted reply  to your posting as I have not yet seen anyone else ATM.

Sadly since I am M-F I would NOT have the answers you seek.

Have you tried posting in the Forum: https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/forum/ftm-conversations/

We do not have a large poulation of people tranistioning from F to M.

If you have any ideas to help build our numbers that would be really niee.

One more option is to contact Planned Parenthood in your area.

I hope that I was some help.

Thank You for being here Jess,

Terri Anne, Ambassador

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Jes, with what you describe, my first stop would be with my doctor. Your doctor is the one that knows your physiology and can best provide an answer and a solution for your situation. You should certain see what is in the FtM Group as Terri mentioned, just to get an idea if others have experienced this. That can also help educate you for when you go see your doctor. And when you and your doctor are able to find out what is best, by all means post something in the FtM Group yourself for others…. Hope this helps. Michelle

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?