The first step, telling yourself

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Cloe (CC) Webb 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Cloe (CC) Webb
    Managing Ambassador

For years I spent my time just enjoying the privacy of dressing in the closet telling myself it was enough, but never being complete.  I had attempted to come out in my 20’s and did so poorly, but let my need to help others ahead of my own.  I wasn’t even admitting to myself who I was.  This need has been a life long satisfier and dissatisfier.  You see, since coming out again , I’ve learned that I can’t help others be happy without being happy with myself first.  But, before I knew that I lived it.  In the final throws of fighting it I became an ogre to my wife and daughter.  Worse yet, I knew exactly what the cause was.  I needed to be me, whomever that was.  So as a person of faith I first dealt with that.  It was through that exchange that I learned it was going to be OK.  For the first time in my life I had really laid it all out in front of someone who meant everything to me and I had not only survived it, I had found peace and acceptance, as they say “warts and all”.

I would love to engage you all in a discussion of your “warts and all” moment.  If you haven’t had it yet then I encourage you to join anyway.  No judgements here, just a happy girl who is now able to deal with the needs of others around me.

Cloe

6 users thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account